One Pan Macaroni Lasagna is one of the easiest one pot meals for a quick, family pleasing weeknight dinner! This one pot lasagna is absolutely mouthwatering. Made with macaroni, pasta sauce, beef, and three cheeses!
Lasagna is something that my son requests on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis. But, I don’t always have the time to mess with the layering. Sometimes I just don’t want to wait an hour for something to come out of the oven either! With this macaroni lasagna, I don’t even have to heat up my oven!
That’s why I love that we can have all of those hearty lasagna flavors wrapped up into one skillet! Instead of using regular lasagna sheet noodles and breaking them up, I like to use macaroni because I always have some on hand. I am the lady that purchases the GIANT bag of macaroni noodles. Ya know, for emergencies.
This one pot lasagna takes about 30 minutes to come together. A good portion of that time you don’t even have to do a darn thing because your noodles and meat are just simmering away to perfection on the stove.
Cottage Cheese Lasagna:
Do you prefer cottage cheese or ricotta in your lasagna? My family has always made the retro style cottage cheese lasagna. It’s one of those things for me, the way mom did it when I was growing up, is the same way I do it now!
Honestly, I really just prefer the texture of cottage cheese in lasagna. I think it’s the way it kind of melts right in with the mozzarella for a creamy and cheesy delight! But, if ricotta is your thing, feel free to replace it for the cottage cheese in this recipe. It will work just as well!
One Pan Meals:
I’ve been on a bit of a one pot/pan/skillet meal kick lately. My readers ask for easy meals, that is what they get! Stay tuned for more one pot dinners, there will be much more where that came from!
For now, take a look at some of my other one pot meals to add to your weeknight rotation.
- Creamy Parmesan One Pot Chicken and Rice
- Easy Chopped Steaks and Gravy
- Creamy French Onion Beef and Noodles
- Parmesan Tomato Basil Chicken
- One Pan Bacon Ranch Pasta
Be sure to follow along with us on Facebook where we always share the best recipes!
One Pan Macaroni Lasagna
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder, divided
- 2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning, divided
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
- 1 28 Ounce Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups Low Sodium Beef Broth, Or Water
- 2 Cups Elbow Macaroni
- 1 12 Ounce Container Cottage Cheese, Ricotta is fine as well
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook the beef along with 1 Teaspoon of the garlic powder and 1 Teaspoon of the Italian seasoning, the onion powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if using. Drain excess grease from beef if necessary and return to skillet.
- Add the marinara sauce, broth, and noodles to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes, until noodles are cooked through.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, cottage cheese, and parmesan together in a medium bowl along with the remaining teaspoon of garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Spoon the cottage cheese mixture evenly over the cooked macaroni. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.