Parmesan Tomato Basil Creamy Chicken is a mouthwatering, one pan, creamy chicken recipe that is ready for dinner in 30 minutes or less! Chicken thighs or breasts are seared and simmered in a creamy tomato basil and parmesan sauce making for an easy dinner the whole family will rave about!
You guys. Happy Wednesday, and please allow me to introduce you to your new favorite way to eat chicken. I'm not exaggerating, I'm completely obsessed with this dish!
Life is super hectic right now, and dinners like this, and the One Pan Bacon Ranch Pasta with a creamy garlic sauce that I posted on Monday are still coming to my rescue every night. Apparently, I am just really into creamy pan sauces right now!
What's not to be crazy about? A sauce like this is crazy simple to make with ingredients you most likely already have at home. I even use dried basil here to accommodate those of us that aren't always able to find fresh basil in the winter. No, seriously, every store in my city was out of basil. It was madness!
I really love this chicken in particular because you can easily customize and change up simple things to make it your way!
Things to help you out when making Parmesan Tomato Basil Creamy Chicken:
This makes a really good amount of sauce! Serve it with rice, your favorite pasta, or just a side of green veggies to keep it lighter.
I use heavy cream to make a nice rich sauce. If you are trying to stick to some new year resolutions, feel free to use half and half instead.
Use chicken breasts or thighs! I use skin on thighs because I think they have a great flavor. You can use chicken breasts instead if you want. Keep in mind that they will generally cook through faster than thighs. Keep an eye on them so that they don't dry out.
Looking for more easy dinner recipes Try these:
- Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Easy Garlic Pork Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
Be sure to check out our video for this recipe below and follow along on Facebook where we always share the tastiest recipes!
Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken
- 6 Chicken Thighs or Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- ½ White Onion Chopped
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tabelspoons Dried Basil
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat one Tablespoon of olive oil and one Tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken skin side down and cook for 5-6 minutes, without turning. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, heavy cream, parmesan, and basil. Bring to a simmer, return chicken to pan. Cover and cook over medium low heat for 5-7 more minutes, until chicken is cooked through.