Juicy Pineapple Salsa is sweet and slightly spicy, so easy to make with fresh or canned pineapple! This salsa is perfect with fish, tacos, chicken, or just with chips!
Fruit salsas are one of my favorite things to eat once the weather gets warm! Make a big bowl to have with tortilla chips, then serve the leftovers with your favorite grilled meats or in tacos! The savory/sweet combination is always out of this world! I recently have shared my favorite Mango Salsa and I just adapted this simple recipe from that one. We have tested this recipe with fresh and canned pineapple, and I am happy to report both work really well! I admit that I prefer the fresh pineapple, but canned is good when fresh isn’t in season.
What is Pineapple Salsa Made of?
- Pineapple: Fresh is best like I said above, but canned (well drained) works great in a pinch! You’ll want to dice your pineapple fairly small, or use tidbits if using canned.
- Jalapeno: I only use one small/medium jalapeno for this salsa and find it’s the perfect amount of heat! You can use two jalapenos and/or leave the seeds in if you like more heat.
- Bell Pepper: I prefer to use red or orange if possible because they are sweeter than green pepper. Don’t skip them, they add a nice crunch!
- Cilantro: This one isn’t a must have if you really don’t like cilantro, please leave out. I only use about 1-2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro total, that way it doesn’t overpower the other flavors.
- Lime Juice: Use FRESH lime juice here! The bottled lime just isn’t the same. Lime juice is a must for this salsa to have that tangy burst of flavor.
- Salt and Chili Powder: I really just do a small pinch of each one, you don’t want to over-season here, and a pinch is perfect. You can also leave them out if you taste the salsa and like it as is.
What Do You Serve Pineapple Salsa With?
- Serve this salsa up to compliment almost any grilled meat! Yes, I mean any, (it’s actually even good on a hot dog! We love to serve it with Grilled Chicken Thighs or our favorite grilled Carne Asada too.
- Pineapple salsa is really great by itself with your favorite tortilla chips too. I’m a huge fan of it with the lime or jalapeno lime flavored chips! Serve it on a kind of salsa bar with Guacamole, Black Bean Salsa, and Salsa Verde too!
- This is perfect with any tacos you love for dinner! I crave this on top of Chicken Tinga the sweet is so great with those spicy chicken tacos! It’s also yummy on Fish Tacos or as a side with easy Ground Beef Tacos too. The sky is the limit!
- This dip can be served right away or saved for later. You can also chill it first if you want it cold before eating. I like to eat leftovers within 3-4 days for the best results.
Juicy Pineapple Salsa
- Add the chopped pineapple, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeños, cilantro and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Taste the salsa and add a pinch of chili powder and salt, or extra lime juice if desired.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator, covered for up to 3 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.