Mango Salsa is so fresh, comes together fast, and is perfect with chips, meat, or even tacos! The most flavorful, tangy, and sweet mango salsa recipe you will ever try!
We all know that this is the essential summer salsa! There is nothing more refreshing than a super juicy bite of this salsa, and I can't get enough of that sweet contrast with a salty chip! While we do love just eating this as a dip with our favorite chips it can be served with so many things! We love it with Fish Tacos for sure, It's great with Cajun Baked Salmon, or even on top of Pulled Pork! And, because I can't leave it out, it's great with a nice spicy Chicken Tinga!
For my mango salsa recipe, we add 3 fresh diced mangos (I'll tell you how to prepare one in a minute) along with bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. But, the BEST PART in my opinion is the dressing! The dressing is simple, no oils involved it's just a mixture of fresh orange juice, lime and seasonings like a bit of chili powder, ginger, and cumin! Other wise, you could always sub out red onion for sliced green onions if you like a mild flavor, and leave out the jalapeños (or just use less) if you don't like much heat. Also, if you like the combo of tomato and mango together, feel free to dice a small tomato and toss it in! Yes, we love all dips around here. If you haven't be sure to try out our Black Bean Salsa and Pico De Gallo too!
Preparing a Mango:
Preparing a Mango is really pretty simple, and you can hopefully use the photo above as a reference! As always, if you haven't cut up a mango before, or have questions please feel free to let me know! Basically, a mango has a long flat pit in the center, and you want to cut the mango away from it. The best way to do this is to stand the mango up straight with the stem side down on your cutting board. Then, simply keep holding the mango, and with your free hand slice straight down one side all the way to the board. Repeat with the remaining side of the mango. Now, you will have two sides of mango and one center piece with a pit that you can throw away. Once that is finished, use the photo above to guide you and make a few lengthwise cuts on each half of mango, and then a few crosswise cuts, trying not to cut through the peel. Now, you can just use your small knife to gently cut the mango pieces away from the peel. They will slide off super easily!
A Few Mango Salsa Recipe Notes:
- We like to eat mango salsa within 24 hours if we can, but it does store pretty well! Just give leftovers a good stir, and eat within 3 days at the most.
- You can freeze this salsa too! It freezes well in a zip-top freezer bag and will last for up to 3 months. Keep in mind that it won't taste quite as fresh after freezing, but it's still delicious.
- When tomatoes are in season they can be a great addition! Just add 1-2 of your favorite fresh tomatoes, finely chopped right into the salsa.
- 1-2 Tablespoons of fresh jalapeno seems to be the perfect balance of spice in the recipe for our taste. But, if you like things extra spicy, feel free to add in more to your own preference.
- 2 Large Mangos (about 2.5 cups total) Pitted and Diced
- ¼ Cup Diced Red or Green Onion
- ¼ Cup Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons Minced Jalapeno
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon Ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Place the diced mango, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Squeeze over the orange and lime juice. Top with the chili powder, cumin, ginger, and salt.
- Stir gently to combine. Serve immediately with your favorite chips, tacos, fish, or chicken.
- Leftover salsa will last in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Perfect to add to my Taco Tuesday dinner tomorrow!
This was the perfect way to use up some mangos that we have! Taste so good on fish tacos too!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes says
Mango salsa is my favorite! This looks incredibly delicious!
katerina @ diethood.com says
YUM!! This mango salad looks amazing!!
katerina @ diethood.com says
YUM!! This mango SALSA looks AMAZING!! 🙂
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert says
This Mango Salsa is looks incredibly delicious!
Oh my goodness! I love mangoes and this salsa style is my new favorite! I can't wait to share this recipe with any guest soon! Thank you!
I am a snack addict and this is a great change from our normal salsas and dips. It's so light with fantastic flavor. I can see it being great on grilled dishes too. Thanks!
Dana L Olson says
Love this! Going to make this soon. Had it at a restaurant with crab cakes, amazingly delicious combination!
Love your recipes!
Oh my gosh I LOVE crab cakes!! Thanks so much and enjoy 🙂
Mikki Waryjasz says
Nichole, I love this recipe and make it all the time to serve over grilled chicken or homemade garlic pita chips. My friends love it as well. The only difference between our recipes is that I add honey instead of orange juice. I enjoy all your recipes, keep up the good work!
Thanks so much!! 🙂