Crockpot Sausage and Potatoes - The most mouthwatering sausage and potatoes ever! This tasty casserole is made easy in your slow cooker. Full of Kielbasa smoked sausage, baby potatoes, and a creamy cheese sauce!
Please tell me that you guys are familiar with, and eat sausage and potatoes? It's one of my favorite comfort food dinners all year round. I can't get enough of that tender sausage and melt in your mouth potato combination!
When I was growing up, we had sausage and potatoes probably once a week and I always looked forward to it! My mom would just cook up a big skillet of smoked sausage, potatoes, and onions and they were delicious slathered in mustard.
As I got older my parents started making something they fondly call "cowboy potatoes" out on the grill in the summertime. Same tasty sausage/potato combination but they add a can of cheese soup, some peppers and onions and holy heaven it's amazing!
So, basically, now that I'm all grown up I've gone and married those two favorite dishes of mine together! And, of course, I made it into a slow cooker meal, because we already know I can't get enough of my crockpot!
It's honestly the cheesy sauce that really makes this for me. I pretty much want to just lick it off of my plate! As far as soups go, you can use whatever you like. I am a big cheese fan so I use one can of cheddar cheese soup, and one cream of chicken.
We keep it simple around here and serve this hearty dinner with a side of either green beans, or a big salad. Then, of course, a side of dinner rolls to mop up that delicious saucy goodness! I'm partial to my homemade Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls because they're quick and easy, ready in 30 minutes!
If you're looking for other comfort food dinner recipes, try these:
Be sure to come follow along with us on Facebook, we're always sharing tasty recipes!
Crockpot Sausage and Potatoes
- 1 (10 Ounce) Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 (10 Ounce) Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Pounds Smoked Pork Sausage, Sliced
- 1 ½ Pounds Baby Potatoes, Cut in half or quartered if they are large
- 1 Onion, Sliced
- In the bottom of your slow cooker whisk together the soups, milk, cheddar cheese, and seasonings.
- Add the sliced sausage, potatoes, and onions to the slow cooker and stir well to coat with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or cook on low for 4-6 hours, until potatoes are fork tender.