Ham and Noodle Casserole - A quick and easy ham casserole recipe to keep your weeknight dinner simple! This ham casserole is full of egg noodles, and a cheesy, creamy, sour cream sauce!
Guys. Is it comfort food season yet? In my world, it totally is, so let's just go with that.
Now, obviously I love cooking, and eating, and most of all family dinner time.
But, there's just something I really love about really comfy and cozy family dinners.
Casseroles give me that kind of satisfaction, and because they're simple to make my kids enjoy helping whip them up with me in the kitchen!
Some days are so busy, I enjoy the little 15 minute conversations I get to have cooking along side them!
I also grew up eating casseroles - I think it's kid of a mid west staple to be honest!
So, while we don't eat them every single day. They definitely have their place in my house.
I'd say this ham and noodle casserole is a winner in particular because it doesn't have anything...."strange" in it that most picky eaters will hate.
Just super tasty, diced ham (a great way to use up leftover ham by the way), lots of gooey cheese, and egg noodles.
I also love egg noodles because they cook up so fast, we can get down to eating sooner!
My preference is to serve a big salad or some fresh green beans on the side of this.
Not a fan of veggies in my casseroles usually. But if you do like to keep it even more simple, you can add your vegetables (green beans, peas, broccoli etc.) in right before baking!
Enjoy this tasty (early) start to comfort food season!
Ham & Noodle Casserole
- 2 Cups Diced Cooked Ham
- 16 Ounces Uncooked Egg Noodles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) Can Cheddar Cheese or Cream of Chicken Soup
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese, I use Cheddar and Mozzarella
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch dish with non stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soup, sour cream, milk, and seasonings until well combined. Stir in the ham, 1 ½ Cups cheese, and egg noodles. Pour mixture into prepared dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil from pan. Top the casserole with the remaining ½ cup of cheese. Return to oven for 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
This recipe was shared over at The Weekend Potluck!