Slow Cooker Meatballs and Gravy – An easy slow cooker or Crockpot recipe for tender and juicy meatballs cooked in a deliciously hearty brown gravy! The best meatballs and gravy are amazing served over mashed potatoes, pasta, or all by themselves!
You guys. I know I just posted a meatball recipe last week, but, those Grape Jelly Meatballs are completely different than these “Salisbury steak style” meatballs!
I mean, those CAN be a meal, but they’re more of an appetizer.
But THESE, beefy gravy meatballs are absolutely a meal. A hearty, family approved, lick the bowl clean, meal!
So, forgive me for doing two meatball recipes two weeks in a row??
You will when you have a big giant bite of meatball in your mouth. Promise.
So, these have become a new family favorite.
Guaranteed they will be a regular on our dinner menu from now on.
I’m more inclined to eat things like this in the Fall and Winter.
BUT, if you’ve had my Crockpot Frito Pie or Crockpot Bourbon Pulled Pork, then you know I’m perfectly fine yanking out my slow cooker even if it’s the middle of summer and somewhere between 100 – ten trillion degrees outside.
What I’m saying is, it’s impossible to not want to slurp up this brown gravy with a spoon.
And the meatballs are sooooo tender, they just melt in your mouth.
Don’t plan on having leftovers!
Now, if you want, you can make your own meatballs for this recipe.
I like to use frozen meatballs to save myself some time/headache/extra dishes.
My grocery store carries three kinds of frozen meatballs: Italian style, Swedish style, and Beef.
I went with beef and they always turn out great, but I definitely think any would work.
Whichever meatballs you try – just make sure you serve these up on top of my Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes!
Those are homemade – absolutely no instant mashed potatoes here, ever.
Last but not least – if you are an onion and or mushroom hater, you can just leave them out! 🙂
Slow Cooker Meatballs & Gravy
- 24 Ounces Frozen Meatballs
- 1 Large Onion, Sliced
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Ounce Package Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Ketchup
- 1/2 Teaspoon EACH Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper.
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Place the frozen meatballs, sliced onion, and mushrooms in the bottom of your slow cooker. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the beef broth, gravy mix, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and seasonings. Pour mixture over meatballs. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the meatballs from the slow cooker and set aside. At this point if your slow cooker was on low, turn it up to high. Mix together the cold water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the broth for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Return the meatballs to the slow cooker and stir gently to coat with gravy. Serve immediately.
This recipe was shared at The Weekend Potluck!