Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken - This creamy, indulgent, lemon garlic chicken is pan seared and coated with a velvety sauce that's full of garlic and lemon flavor. An easy, 20 minute, one pan dinner!
Guys. I've fallen in love with a sauce.
Don't judge, you will too when you make this!
How is it possible to have such a luscious cream sauce with tender pan seared chicken in 20 minutes?
I'm not even kidding. The first time I made this I told Dan I wanted to DRINK this sauce with a straw.
He agreed when he tired it.
Even the kids were sitting around raving about this sauce which is a major mom win in my book.
Welcome to your new favorite way to spruce up some boring old chicken.
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW!
Ok - all you need to start this recipe is four chicken breasts or thighs. They get a nice pan sear in butter and olive oil, till they're nice and golden on the outside and cooked through.
You'll notice that my chicken breasts in my photos are a little thick. This was for photo purposes only. I definitely recommend using chicken that's about ½ inch thick to make sure it gets cooked through properly.
Now that your chicken is seared - set it to the side because it's time to make the best dang sauce ever.
You will want to reduce your heat at this point. Toss your garlic and Italian seasoning in the pan, and give them a minute to do their thing.
Pour in the chicken broth and make sure you stir it up to get all the tasty caramelized brown bits off the bottom of the pan into your sauce.
Add the heavy cream, let it simmer, stir in the lemon juice. Pop your chicken back in the pan and coat it all up with sauce, and boom, dinner is served.
This sauce does thicken up a little more upon standing for a couple of minutes after you remove it from the heat.
I don't like the sauce too thick personally because I want to have some to pour on veggies, or pasta, whichever I'm serving my chicken with.
FYI - really good over cheese tortellini.
If you want your sauce thicker, I recommend smashing together (with a fork) 1 Tablespoon of softened butter with 1 Tablespoon of flour.
Try this out for dinner, become a complete creamy lemon sauce addict, come back and let me know what you think!
Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts or Thighs, ½ inch thickness
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth
- ¾ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- Season each piece of chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Place the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When butter is melted, swirl the pan to mix the olive oil and butter together.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook until golden. Flip the chicken and cook the other side until golden, and chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken onto a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the garlic and italian seasoning to the pan and cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth to the pan, bring to a simmer. Scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pan into sauce. Stir in the cream, simmer 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir in the lemon juice. Add chicken back to pan, coat with sauce.