Creamy Lemon Chicken is an indulgent upgrade to weeknight dinners. This mouthwatering chicken is pan seared and coated in a velvety sauce full of garlic and lemon flavor. Even better, it’s a one pan dinner that’s ready in 20 minutes!
Welcome to your new favorite way to spruce up some boring old chicken. Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken is an easy recipe that comes together in about 20 minutes. And it tastes like a dream! Pasta, veggies, rice, potatoes, this sauce can practically be poured over anything. The citrus and savory flavors blend together so well you’ll almost want to drink it. Not only is this dish easy and delicious, it’s also a one pan recipe so it’s a breeze to cook and clean up afterwards! Try this out for dinner, become a complete creamy lemon sauce addict, and come back and let me know what you think!
Looking for more one pot chicken recipes? Try out one of these to add some excitement to your dinner routine: Cilantro Lime Chicken, Honey Mustard Chicken, or Easy Chicken and Broccoli!
Creamy Lemon Chicken Ingredients:
Tender chicken, savory garlic, a splash of citrus, all in a dreamy cream sauce that is utterly addicting.
- Chicken Breasts: You can also use chicken thighs. Be sure your meat is all of a similar thickness to ensure even cooking.
- Seasonings: Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Italian Seasoning.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is perfect for its light flavor.
- Butter: Salted or unsalted.
- Garlic: Freshly minced or jarred minced garlic are totally fine here!
- Chicken Broth: You could substitute vegetable broth.
- Heavy Cream: This makes the sauce oh so creamy and smooth.
- Lemon Juice: For a burst of bright citrus flavor that pairs wonderfully with the savory garlic flavor.
Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe Notes and Tips
- I definitely recommend using chicken that's about ½ inch thick to make sure it gets cooked through properly.
- This sauce will thicken up more after standing for a couple of minutes. If you want your sauce thicker, I recommend smashing together (with a fork) 1 Tablespoon of softened butter with 1 Tablespoon of flour.
- FYI - really good over cheese tortellini. The sauce seriously tastes good over anything. I like to serve it poured over pasta and veggies alike.
- For a hint of spice add some red pepper flakes to the sauce! Lemon slices and parsley make for a beautiful garnish.
- Creamy Lemon Chicken will stay fresh in the fridge stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To reheat, either warm it on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts or Thighs, ½ inch thickness
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth
- ¾ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- Season each piece of chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Place the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When butter is melted, swirl the pan to mix the olive oil and butter together.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook until golden. Flip the chicken and cook the other side until golden, and chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken onto a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the garlic and italian seasoning to the pan and cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth to the pan, bring to a simmer. Scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pan into sauce. Stir in the cream, simmer 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir in the lemon juice. Add chicken back to pan, coat with sauce.