BBQ Chicken Dip is an easy to put together game day dip - filled with delicious shredded chicken, tangy barbecue sauce, creamy ranch dressing, and tons of gooey cheese!
BBQ Chicken Dip:
This dip is a total family favorite! It is so easy to make and really spices up any game day or just get together you're having! This one in addition to my Buffalo Chicken Dip and our classic Rotel Dip recipe are a staple. It takes no time at all to make and you can make it in your oven, or throw everything in the slow cooker if you wish! This dip was born because we love everything BBQ chicken and I had wanted another fun recipe to use for my Homemade BBQ Sauce, but you can use any sauce you love. Of course, it had to have ranch too, because it makes it creamy and adds a yummy but mellow kick of flavor.
What you need to make it:
- Cream Cheese: Any kind is fine, make sure it's softened first!
- BBQ Sauce: Anything goes, use your fave!
- Chicken: You can use Crockpot Shredded Chicken, rotisserie or canned chicken.
- Ranch Dressing: Use regular bottled (or homemade) not the powder.
- Shredded Cheese: I love sharp cheddar here.
BBQ Chicken Dip Recipe Notes:
- If you want to make this in a slow cooker, you can dump everything in and give it a good stir. Just cook on low for about 2 hours or high for 1 hour, until everything is melted. Stir well again before serving.
- You can change up the cheeses as you wish! I love sharp cheddar and Monterrey Jack the most. Pepper jack would be good too, or even some mozzarella for a more mild flavor.
- When I don't have homemade BBQ Sauce, I love the original sweet baby ray's the best! The BBQ sauce is the main flavor in this dip so use what you love to eat the most.
- If you want to add a kick to the dip, you can add in some red pepper flakes or some hot sauce!
- Serve this dip with your fave chips. I like either corn chips or nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips, personally!
- This dip will save in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just pop in the microwave to reheat. Leftovers are also yummy wrapped up in a tortilla!
BBQ Chicken Dip
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken shredded and cooked (rotisserie chicken is great here)
- 1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese (cheddar, Monterrey jack, mozzarella, etc.)
- Toppings : as desired
- Ranch dressing
- Barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a cast iron skillet with a light coat of oil, or lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, shredded chicken, bbq sauce, ranch, and garlic.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheese, and pour mixture into cast iron pan or baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Remove pan from oven and top dip with additional cheese, bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- When dip is finished, add your favorite toppings as desired.