Barbecue Ranch Chicken Dip is an easy to put together game day dip – filled with delicious shredded chicken, tangy barbecue sauce, creamy ranch dressing, and ooey gooey cheese!
Remember, sharing is caring – Don’t forget to PIN IT!
Oh man, those fall football Sunday’s. To me, they are for nothing else but watching the game with family and friends, and stuffing my face full of some kind of dip!
Last weekend we went somewhere else to watch the game and it was fun and the energy was amazing just being around all of the fans cheering, but it wasn’t the same, because there was no dip!
Don’t get me wrong, I had mac and cheese bites that pretty much changed my life, and my fair share of beer with pineapple juice which completely blew my mind.
But I missed the mouthful of dip, I just did. This Sunday, it’s this Barbecue Ranch Chicken dip, and my football day my way.
This delightful dip was born one day because I wanted to combine all of the favorite dip flavors from the peeps in my household into one pan.
I am a ranch lover. I eat it on everything. Pile it on, the more the merrier.
Dan is a barbecue sauce fanatic. Not that he’s alone, most Kansas-ans are.
The kids love all the cheese. Who doesn’t?
Random side note: When we have tacos my son literally has about a teaspoon of meat and then about 1/2 cup of cheese stuffed into his taco shell. I don’t stop him, it cracks me up. His love of cheese runs deep.
This dip is completely versatile too. Don’t feel like you absolutely have to put onions and jalapenos on top if you don’t like them. Change up the cheese if that’s what tickles your fancy. Be yourself! Was that a little much? Sorry.
Anyway, this dip is sure to be a winner, even if your fave football team is not this year.
If you’re a house divided, this dip will bring everybody together. I mean, you can’t yell about who’s team is better when your mouth is stuffed full of food. That’s just rude.
As always, printable recipe for you all below!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 Cups chicken shredded and cooked (rotisserie chicken is great here)
- 1 Cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Cup ranch dressing
- 2 Cups shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterrey jack, mozzarella, etc.)
- 1 Teaspoon garlic minced (powder is fine)
- Toppings : as desired
- Ranch dressing
- Barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a cast iron skillet with a light coat of oil, or lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, shredded chicken, ranch, and garlic.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, and pour mixture into cast iron pan or baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Remove pan from oven and top dip with additional cheese, bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- When dip is finished, add your favorite toppings as desired.