Easy Blender Salsa is simple to make in your blender or food processor! You'll only need 10 minutes to make this flavor packed homemade salsa recipe!
What is Homemade Salsa Made of:
If you've never made your own salsa at home, you're in for a treat! I do use two kinds of canned tomatoes in this recipe instead of fresh. But, it knocks the socks off of any store-bought jarred salsa you can get! The reason for using canned tomatoes is because they're available year round, because I want salsa more often than just spring and summer! I know that canned tomatoes have been picked and canned at their peak perfection and this salsa comes out great every time. If you're looking for a couple more homemade dips try my homemade Pico De Gallo and my super popular Guacamole Recipe!
How To Make Salsa:
- You can make this salsa in your blender or food processor.
- Add both cans of tomatoes to the blender. Top with the onion, garlic cloves, cilantro, jalapeno, hot sauce, salt, cumin, and juice of one lime.
- PULSE the salsa on low until you reach your desired consistency! Don't just turn your blender on full blast or you will end up with more of a flavorful tomato sauce rather than a salsa.
- This salsa tastes great eaten right away, or stored in the refrigerator for later. I find that it's best to use this salsa within one week.
How Do You Add Flavor To Salsa?
I've been making this salsa for years, and have tested several different things to find the perfect balance of flavor. One thing that makes a big difference is the tomatoes. I use one can of whole peeled tomatoes, as well as a can of fire roasted tomatoes. Then, two garlic cloves are perfect for a fresh garlic flavor you can taste without it being overwhelming. As you can see in the photo above, I use half of a large yellow onion. If your onions are small, you can add the whole thing. The hot sauce is probably what makes the most difference to me. Don't be afraid to use it! My preferred hot sauce is Cholula brand, it has amazing flavor without being overpowering and hot! You can also see that I threw my jalapeno in whole. If you are sensitive to heat, slice it in half first and take the seeds out. I do add cumin to my salsa, but only ¼ teaspoon. You can always add more if you really love that flavor!
Best Easy Salsa
- 1 15 Ounce Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 15 Ounce Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Small Yellow Onion Peeled and cut into quarters
- ¼ Cup Cilantro
- 1 Medium Jalapeno* Stem removed and seeded if desired
- 1-2 teaspoon Hot Sauce*
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- Juice 1 Large Lime
- Add both cans of tomatoes to a blender or food processor.
- Top with the onion, cilantro, jalapeno, hot sauce, garlic, salt, cumin, and squeeze in the lime juice.
- Place the lid securely on your blender and pulse the salsa on low speed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with your favorite chips.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
I seriously loved how easy this is to make!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.