The best ever quick and easy apple bread is packed with warm flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and apple - topped with an amazing cinnamon glaze to send it right over the top!
Remember to come follow me on Pinterest for more delicious food!
You guys. It's time to talk about this apple bread. It's actually WAYYYY past time to talk about this bread.
Yes, self admittedly, I've been sitting here with this recipe, ready to go, for over a month now, and completely neglected to share!
I mean, what was I thinking? How rude of me!
The worst part of all that is, I've been majorly craving this bread since I last made it. It's on my brain constantly, but, I refrained from making it again.....until today, because I have no self control, and ate half the loaf all by my wee little self!
Luckily, this bread is super quick so you can easily make and devour it like a maniac <----me. Or, you can, ya know....be normal and make it and share with guests.
This time of year is all about indulging anyway, right? Yes.
So, about this bread. You know how some quick bread recipes taste better after they sit for a day or two and the crumb has time to soak up more flavor? <----neither do I because I eat the entire loaf in one sitting. Kidding.
This bread is an exception to that rule, because it just so happens that it tastes excellent right out of the oven. Thank you apple bread for being so delicious, we love you.
The cinnamon glaze on top kind of oozes down into every nook and cranny of this bread, keeping it extra moist, but not soggy.
Another little tip....this day or two old apple bread makes the absolute best french toast I've ever had in my life.
Freezes well, tastes amazing, makes great french toast. Apple miracle bread, you guys!
- 1 ½ Cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ Teaspoons baking powder
- ½ Cup butter softened
- ½ Cup packed brown sugar
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tsp . Ground cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp . Ground nutmeg
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ Tsp . Vanilla extract
- ½ Cup milk
- 1 Large apple peeled and finely chopped
- Cinnamon Glaze:
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- ½ Tsp . vanilla extract
- ½ Tsp . cinnamon
- 2-3 Tbsp . milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, or large bowl using hand mixer, beat the butter for one minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar and beat for one to two minutes until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and continue to beat until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg with a whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, along with the milk, and mix to combine.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan, cover with half of the chopped apples, slightly pressing them into the batter, and then sprinkle with half of the cinnamon brown sugar mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over the apple/cinnamon sugar layer, top with the remaining apples and remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pat the topping down slightly into the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring bread to a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl using a hand mixer or whisk, comine the powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk until combined and smooth.
- Add more milk as necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over bread as desired.