Quick Apple Bread recipe is so perfect for fall! Moist, tender, sweet and spiced bread is studded with tender bites of fresh apples. However, I think my favorite part of this recipe is the cinnamon sugar glaze on top!
Quick Apple Bread
This bread along with Homemade Apple Fritters are a couple of my faves for fall! Baking this easy apple bread recipe is one of my favorie fall experiences, and not just because the bread itself always turns out so perfect. It’s because the aroma that fills my kitchen while it bakes is better than any candle! Sweet, warm and fresh apple notes always make me feel so warm and cozy. Plus, this recipe comes together in no time – you pretty much just toss everything into a mixing bowl, then bake and enjoy! It’s a fall quick bread recipe that always hits the spot. Enjoy this glazed apple bread for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning for the sweet treat you deserve before the madness of the holiday starts!
What kind of apples work best for apple bread?
That all depends on what flavor profile you’re looking for. If you’d like tarter apples to balance all of the sweet ingredients in the bread, use granny smith apples. To enhance that sweetness even more, use honeycrisp or gala apples. They all work very well in this easy, versatile recipe.
How to Make Quick Apple Bread
- Prepare. Preheat the oven to 350°F. While that’s heating up, grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Mix. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl until combined, then set aside.
- Beat the wet ingredients. Beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Then, beat in the sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl until combined.
- Make the batter. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix in the milk as well.
- Assemble the batter. Pour half of the batter into the pan. Cover with half of the chopped and peeled apples and gently press them into the batter. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Pour on the remaining batter, then top with the remaining apples and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool and glaze. Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Whisk together all of the ingredients for the glaze until smooth. Drizzle all over the bread.
Storing Apple Bread
Once it’s cooled to room temperature, you can store cinnamon glazed apple bread at room temperature for 3-4 days.
To freeze apple bread, freeze it WITHOUT the glaze. Let it fully cool to room temperature, then wrap it with two layers of plastic wrap and foil. You can freeze it as a whole loaf or in slices. Sliced apple bread will thaw much quicker than a whole loaf.
Ingredient Notes for Quick Apple Bread
- Flour: It’s best to spoon the flour into a measuring cup instead of dunking it straight in there. When you dunk the cup into a bag of flour, you really pack it in there.
- Baking Powder: Make sure it’s not expired! Baking powder should be used within 6 months of being opened.
- Brown Sugar: You can always make your own by combining 1 cup of granulated white sugar with one tablespoon of molasses if needed.
- Vanilla Extract: Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Butter: Make sure it’s softened to room temperature prior to using.
- Milk: I use whole milk, but you should be able to use any milk you like best.
Quick Apple Bread
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, or large bowl using hand mixer, beat the butter for one minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar and beat for one to two minutes until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and continue to beat until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg with a whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, along with the milk, and mix to combine.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan, cover with half of the chopped apples, slightly pressing them into the batter, and then sprinkle with half of the cinnamon brown sugar mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over the apple/cinnamon sugar layer, top with the remaining apples and remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pat the topping down slightly into the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring bread to a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl using a hand mixer or whisk, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk until combined and smooth.
- Add more milk as necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over bread as desired.