Dill Pickle Bacon Cheese Ball is such a fun and easy cheese ball recipe made with cream cheese, cheddar, pickles, and bacon! The perfect appetizer for any party!
I love creating new and fun dip recipes and this one is no exception! This recipe is a football and holiday party staple, just like my Buffalo Chicken Dip. It has become a favorite, and tends to disappear super fast because nobody can stay out of it! If you're a major pickle lover like we are, be sure to try these Dill Pickle Dip Pinwheels, they're amazing!
Dill Pickle Bacon Cheese Ball:
The ingredient list for this cheese ball is short and sweet! You will need 12 ounces of cream cheese (one and one-half bricks), plus chopped dill pickles, cooked and crumbled bacon, cheddar, some of the dill pickle juice, green onions and a bit of garlic powder.
How Do You Make An Easy Cheese Ball?
- You will start by softening your cream cheese to room temperature. To do this, you can allow it to sit in its package on the counter for about an hour. If you are short on time, you can place the cream cheese in a bowl and microwave for 5-second intervals until soft.
- Cook one pound of bacon, then crumble and separate it in half. You will add half to the cheese ball, then use the other half for rolling the cheese ball in.
- Dice up some green onions, and spread them out on a plate along with half of the crumbled bacon.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese with the pickle juice and garlic powder. until smooth.
- Next, stir in the chopped pickles, cheddar, and remaining half of the crumbled bacon.
- Use your hands to shape the cheese mixture into a ball. Then, roll it around in the bacon and green onion mixture until coated on all sides.
- At this point, you can serve your cheese ball right away, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
What To Serve With Cheese Ball?
We always serve this cheese ball with buttery crackers like Ritz, or Town House. I also love it with potato chips, diced veggies like celery or carrots. Serve some extra sliced pickles on the side too for anyone that wants extra!
Dill Pickle Bacon Cheese Ball
- 1 Pound Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
- 5 Green Onions, Diced
- 12 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Tablespoons Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 Cup Chopped Dill Pickles
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Place the softened cream cheese in a large bowl and stir in the pickle juice and garlic powder until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped pickles, cheddar, and half of the crumbled bacon until well combined.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into a ball.
- Pour the remaining crumbled bacon and the diced onion in a single layer on a large plate.
- Roll the cheese ball into the bacon and onion mixture until coated on all sides.
- Serve immediately or cover in an airtight container for up to 2 days before serving.
- Serve this with your favorite chips, crackers, and veggies.