Creamy and cheesy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is everyone’s favorite dip! This buffalo chicken dip recipe is full of tender chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch, garlic, cream cheese, and cheddar for the ultimate game day or party appetizer!
Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Buffalo wings are always a hit at any kind of party, potluck, or even just for dinner sometimes! While they are so crave-able, they aren’t always practical or simple to make.
That’s why I love buffalo chicken wings in dip form. It doesn’t get much easier than getting a few simple ingredients together, and letting your slow cooker do all the work to create a thick and cheesy dip that’s packed full of buffalo flavor!
For this recipe, all you need is a 2 quart or larger crockpot. You can, of course, use a 5 quart if you’d like to double this for a bigger crowd.
The ingredients are a simple and perfect combination of shredded chicken, cream and cheddar cheeses, buffalo sauce, dry ranch dressing mix, and garlic powder.
Make sure you don’t skip the garlic powder. It’s my “secret ingredient” that really makes this buffalo chicken dip stand out!
How Do You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Slow Cooker?
- For this recipe, I like to use a rotisserie chicken when possible. It is already cooked, easy to shred and get into the slow cooker quickly. You can also use canned chicken if that is your preference. I am also fond of keeping this Crockpot Shredded Chicken on hand for dips like this!
- Soften your cream cheese or cut into cubes before adding to the slow cooker. Softened cream cheese is always the best option if possible. However, if you’re short on time simply cut the cream cheese into cubes first. This will ensure that it melts smoothly into the dip.
- Next, you will add your shredded cheese and seasonings. For shredded cheese, you can use whatever suits your preference. I find that we like sharp cheddar the best. Keep in mind that cheese shredded fresh off of the block does melt much better than pre-packaged cheese.
- Once you have added your shredded cheese, dry ranch dressing mix, and garlic powder, you will add in the buffalo sauce. Depending on how spicy you like things, you may like more or less sauce. I have found that ½ cup is a great place to start. After the dip is finished cooking you can always add more buffalo sauce to taste.
Be sure to follow along with us on Facebook where we always share the yummiest recipes!
Creamy and cheesy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is everyone's favorite dip! This buffalo chicken dip recipe is full of tender chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch, garlic, cream cheese, and cheddar for the ultimate game day or party appetizer!
- 2 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Cubed
- 1 1 Ounce Package Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Hot Sauce
In a 2 quart or larger slow cooker add the shredded chicken, cream cheese, dry ranch mix, garlic powder, shredded cheese, and buffalo sauce.
Stir well to combine.
Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 1-2 hours until hot and bubbly.
Serve dip with your favorite chips, crackers, and vegetables.