Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak Dip – This easy cheesesteak dip is the perfect appetizer for a crowd! Made in the slow cooker, this hearty, mouthwatering, dip tastes just like a Philly Cheese Steak and is always a hit at game day and super bowl parties!
You guys. This dip is completely over the top, outrageously, CRAZY GOOD! I’m seeing Philly Cheesesteak everything lately and it was high time for me to put my spin on things!
My cheesesteak dip is super gooey and cheesy then loaded up with steak, onions, and peppers. I love to serve this with little pieces of crunchy toasted garlic bread for max flavor.
This dip is truly like a meal in itself. We actually had this and nothing else for dinner a few nights ago. It was the perfect addition to Thursday night football. Even if our team did lose! This dip was the winner that evening!
So, this dip is mostly made directly in the crockpot. You do need to sear your steak, onions, and peppers first which only takes about 5-7 minutes, then the slow cooker can do the rest!
I prefer making dips like this in the crockpot even if I do need to make part of it on the stovetop first.
I like it because this way I don’t have to hover and wait for something to come out of the oven, and I don’t have to worry about reheating the dip during the game! Things that come in especially handy when we’re having company over.
If you’re looking for a great dessert dip make sure to check out my Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Dip!
Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak Dip
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Pounds Thinly Sliced Steak, Chopped into small pieces
- 1 Large White Onion, Chopped
- 2 Green Bell Peppers, Seeded & Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Worchestershire Sauce
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped onions and bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Remove the onions and peppers and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the chopped steak to the hot skillet and season with the salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Sear the steak pieces until no longer pink and add to the crockpot.
- In a large bowl blend together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Pour mixture over the steak in the crockpot. Top with the slices of provolone.
- Cook the dip on high for 1 hour, until hot. Stir well before serving.