Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken - Tender and juicy bacon ranch chicken is coated in tasty ranch seasoning and topped with bacon and melted cheese! This easy dinner comes together in only 30 minutes.
It's safe to say that I'm completely in love with chicken thighs right now. I know, that sounds weird, sorry.
But, come on you guys they cook up fast, just how they are without having to pound them out or slice them in half or any of that nonsense.
They're so juicy and they just kinda excel in the flavor department compared to their chicken breast counterpart.
Oh yeah, it's also totally safe to say that summer has officially become busier for me than the whole entire school year.
I mean, we are GOING and going and going all the time. Don't get me wrong, we're having fun, a ton of it. But man, if someone could just do all the planning for family trips and also pack everything for me, that'd be great.
The problem is, I'm not organized at all. I am 30-something years old and I have recently asked my very organized mother to help me make lists and spreadsheets. God bless her because I was about to completely lose it.
Ok, so, I may not be good in the organizational department, BUT you guys I'm really good at quick dinners with big bold flavors. No boring chicken in my house.
This cheddar bacon ranch chicken is super fast, it takes about 20 minutes, to include cooking the bacon!
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW!
Ok, let's chat about this chicken!
Like I said above, I use thighs - but you can absolutely use chicken breasts here if you choose. Just make sure that your chicken is only about ¼ inch thick to get it cooked through all the way on the stove.
The seasoning is pretty simple - salt and pepper, garlic powder, and ranch seasoning mix (Hidden Valley). This chicken is also amazing with a little cayenne for some heat if that's "yo thang."
I cook the bacon up first, one piece of bacon per piece of chicken, then set it aside.
Cook the chicken for about 5-8 minutes per side, until it's cooked through all the way.
Oh, also, I'm naughty and cook my chicken in the leftover bacon drippings. You can drain them and use olive oil instead if you prefer.
When the chicken is cooked through I just tear each piece of bacon in half, lay it on the chicken, top with cheese, broil for a couple of minutes.
Dinner is served!
Make sure you try out some of my other great chicken recipes!
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
- Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken
- 4-5 Chicken Thighs, Bone out
- 4-5 Bacon strips, 1 for each piece of chicken
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Packet Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- Cook the bacon in a large oven proof pan over medium heat to desired doneness. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and ranch seasoning on both sides. Cook the chicken in the same skillet as the bacon was cooked in over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes per side, until completely cooked through.
- Top the chicken with the cooked bacon, then top each piece of chicken with shredded cheese. Broil in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.