Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole – This cheesy tater tot casserole makes for one of the best family friendly weeknight dinners! Easy to make, full of cheese, ranch seasoning, chicken, sour cream, and tater tots!
This recipe was originally posted on October 2, 2017. I have updated the recipe slightly as well as the photos.
Oh my goodness, you guys. Can we please talk tater tot casserole today? This dish takes me straight back to my childhood. You can find my recipe for traditional Tater Tot Casserole and Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole on the blog as well!
How to Make Chicken Tater Tot Casserole:
Typically I have a batch of my All Purpose Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken on hand as well, sometimes I don’t want to go to the store and pick up a chicken after a busy day!
- Start with preheating your oven and lightly greasing a 9×13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Next, use a large bowl and mix together your shredded chicken with the soups, sour cream, powdered ranch mix, and additional seasonings.
- Spread the chicken mixture in the pan that you have prepared and top evenly with the tater tots.
- Then, the casserole will bake for about 35-45 minutes. The dish will be hot and bubbly and the tater tots will be golden brown when finished.
Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole - This cheesy tater tot casserole makes for one of the best family friendly weeknight dinners! Easy to make, full of cheese, ranch seasoning, chicken, sour cream, and tater tots!
- 3 Cups Cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 10 Ounce Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 10 Ounce Can Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Packet Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 32 Ounce Package Frozen Tater Tots
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together the sour cream, both cans of soup, milk, the shredded cheese, ranch mix, and seasonings. Stir in the chicken, then stir in the tater tots.
Pour the chicken mixture into the prepared pan and top with an even layer of tater tots.
Bake in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes until hot and bubbly.