S’mores Cookies take your favorite classic chocolate chip cookie and gives it a campfire classic upgrade by adding in elements of S’mores! Ooey gooey marshmallows, rich chocolate, and cinnamon graham crackers top a chocolate chip cookie stuffed with marshmallow creating one decadent dessert!
No worries about burnt to a crisp marshmallows here! No chocolate that just won’t melt, or sticky messes that attract the ants to your sleeping bag. With S’mores Cookies you get all the great taste of a s’more wrapped up in a neat cookie package. Rich and indulgent, this cookie recipe is an absolute favorite! Who doesn't love a good dessert mashup?
Craving more unique cookie recipes? Try my Old Fashioned Soft Molasses Cookies, our signature Salty Marshmallow Cookies (Potato Chip Cookies), or Cranberry Pistachio Cookies for the ultimate sweet treats.
How to Make S’mores Cookies
Skip the hassle of a campfire and bake up a batch of S’mores Cookies right in your own kitchen!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Using an electric mixer, whip the butter until smooth. Add in the white and brown sugars and mix on medium high until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix again.
- Now in a separate bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix again on low just until everything is incorporated and the dough forms. Don’t over mix. Gently fold in your chocolate chips.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and form into a flat disk. Place a marshmallow half in the center and form the dough into a ball around it. Make sure there are no holes in the dough and the marshmallow is fully covered.
- Place six cookie balls on the baking tray, spaced evenly apart. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and quickly top the cookies with Hershey chocolate pieces, mini marshmallows, and graham cracker pieces. Return the tray to the oven and bake the cookies for an additional 3 minutes or until the marshmallows start to brown on top. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for about 4-5 minutes on the tray. Then remove them from the parchment paper and transfer them to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
S’mores Cookies Recipe Notes and Tips
- When baking the rest of the cookies, make sure the tray has cooled before placing more dough on it otherwise the butter will start to melt and your cookies won’t bake evenly.
- Don’t over bake your cookies. They will look a tad underbaked when you remove them from the oven but that’s what we want! They’ll continue to set on the baking tray outside of the oven. If you continue to bake them they lose that chewy texture and get hard.
- Add a dash of cinnamon to the dough to enhance the flavors in the graham cracker pieces.
- You can use milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips, whichever you prefer.
- When forming the dough around the marshmallow make sure the edges are either pinched or the dough covers the marshmallow completely. This helps hold the marshmallow in the center so it doesn’t ooze out everywhere as the cookie bakes.\
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg
- ½ Cup of brown sugar
- 2 Hershey’s bars broken into small pieces
- 8 Regular size marshmallows cut in half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅔ Cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 Cup mini marshmallows
- 3 Graham crackers broken into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick spray and set aside.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth, then add the sugars and mix on medium high until light and fluffy.
- Then add the egg and mix again until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Then add it to the wet ingredients and mix on low just until the dough comes together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, form 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough into a flat disk.
- Place a marshmallow half in the center and form the dough around it, making sure that there are no holes in the dough.
- Place six even balls on the baking tray and bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and quickly add some Hershey’s chocolate pieces, mini marshmallows and graham crackers to the tops of the cookies.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 3 minutes, or until the marshmallows have started to brown on the tops.
- Remove and let the cookies cool for 4-5 minutes before removing them from the parchment paper and cooling completely on a cooling rack.
- While the cookies are baking, form the rest of the cookies and set aside.
- Repeat the baking process with the remaining dough and cool before serving.