Slow Cooker Pork Chops are incredibly easy to make and smothered in a creamy, mouthwatering gravy! You can make pork chops right in your crock pot and have a hearty, comforting, and budget friendly dinner the whole family will love!
Well, it has been a minute or two since I posted a good old fashioned slow cooker recipe. Super tender slow cooker pork chops smothered in gravy is something I grew up on, and something I still can’t get enough of even today.
Did you grow up eating pork chops on the regular? Or was your family all about chicken?
My mom always mixed it up with a little of both. I still appreciate that we never really ate the same things over and over, and hopefully, my kids feel the same way now!
Crock Pot Pork Chops is one of the most requested dinners from everyone in my house. I’m happy to oblige because it doesn’t get much easier than this meal.
Plus, it’s just a really great comfort food style dinner. Incredibly satisfying on these cold winter evenings…..and by that, I mean we have a heap of snow on the ground and I’m completely over it!
While I do love a good pork chop, I think the gravy is really the shining star here. I could easily eat this creamy gravy with a spoon. It’s just even better that it gets coated over some of the most tender pork chops you will ever eat.
We really enjoy this dish with my homemade Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes and a big green salad on the side.
How to Make Slow Cooker Pork Chops:
One of the questions I get asked most frequently is simply how to make pork chops in a crock pot. I think people love pork chops, but aren’t always sure exactly how to cook them so that they stay nice and juicy.
For the very best result, the slow cooker is the only way to go in my opinion!
You will want to season your pork chops really well. For my recipe, we use ranch seasoning mix, garlic powder, and pepper. I don’t add any extra salt, it isn’t necessary. I’d recommend making as directed without extra salt, then let people salt this dish at the table if that is their preference.
This Slow Cooker Pork Chop recipe calls for very minimal ingredients that combine for a truly delicious result. I always have everything like cream of chicken soup, brown gravy mix, ranch seasonings, and beef broth (you can also use chicken broth) on hand. So, this is really a nice “pantry staple” recipe.
Thickening the gravy is optional, but, I do recommend it! After your pork chops are finished, you can simply remove them from the slow cooker very carefully. Then, stir together two tablespoons of cornstarch with two tablespoons of water and add it right to the gravy. Turn the crock pot back on high and you should have a nice thick gravy in just about 5-10 minutes.
Be sure to check out our video for this recipe below, and follow me on Facebook where we share tons of tasty recipes every day from myself and other awesome food bloggers!
Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- 1 Pound Pork Chops, Bone in or out
- 1 Envelope Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Envelope Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 10.5 Ounce Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Season both sides of the pork chops with the ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, and pepper.
- In a large slow cooker whisk together the brown gravy mix, cream of chicken soup, and beef broth.
- Add the seasoned pork chops to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the pork chops carefully from the slow cooker onto a plate.
- In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and water. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the crockpot to thicken the gravy.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice and garnish with parsley if desired.
Looking for other great slow cooker recipes? Try these:
- Crockpot Meatballs and Gravy
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Crockpot Sausage and Potatoes