SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP – The best ever enchilada soup that is creamy, cheesy, packed full of tender chicken and amazing flavor! This chicken enchilada soup is easy to make in your slow cooker for a cozy fall or winter dinner!
I’m all about baking this time of year which means I’m also all about quick and easy dinners. Chicken enchilada soup is a life saver, and my crock pot is my best friend. They both keep me from having heaps of dishes, and I appreciate that.
What I have for you here is another quick 10 minutes or less into your crock pot dinner. You get to come home from your long day, kick off your shoes, put on your yoga pants (amen) and pretty much dinner is served. It doesn’t get better than this with a busy schedule.
My chicken enchilada soup is easy to customize to your own taste which is another win. If you are not a spicy fan or if you have little ones that will have a cow if the soup is too spicy, you’re in luck!
Don’t even add taco seasoning or hot pepper sauce to your soup if you don’t want. Throw it out if it’s too spicy, you don’t need that kind of headache in your life. But, if you are a spicy lover–like let me add more sour cream to my soup because I’m kind of sweating over here, then you will really appreciate this soup just as written.
Alright, so you have shredded up that super easy rotisserie chicken and added your corn, beans, and tomatoes into the crock pot. Get ready to be thrilled because you are almost finished here.
Now, just throw in your seasonings, hot sauce, onion, and garlic right on top of all that.
Go ahead and get the enchilada sauce and broth into the crock pot and give everything a good little stir.
And now, you get to sit that lid on the crock pot and go about your daily work or business knowing that you don’t have to stress about what’s for dinner tonight. Yes! Around 20 minutes or so before soup time go ahead and throw in cheese as desired, I find that about 2 cups is just right.
**This recipe was originally published on 4/21/16 and has been updated with new pictures and a VIDEO which you can check out below!**
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Breasts, OR one rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 White or yellow onion diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 28 Ounce Can red enchilada sauce
- 1 15 ounce Can corn drained
- 1 15 ounce Can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce Can ranch style beans do not drain
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 2 Cups Vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Tsp Hot pepper sauce if desired
- 2 Cups shredded cheese of choice
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Add the chicken breasts to the crockpot and season with the taco seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add all additional items except cheese to the crock pot and stir. Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
- After cooking, mix together the cornstarch with the water. Add to the crockpot and stir. Allow soup to thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.