One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread - The absolute best, super moist banana bread recipe that is easy to make in just one bowl! This banana bread is full of chocolate chips for even more decadence!
Just a quick note! This recipe was originally published in January 2017 and we've updated it just a tad to add a video. The chocolate chip banana bread stays the same! 🙂
Banana bread is something that I crave regularly, all year round. I look forward to cooler temperatures being upon us so that I actually feel like warming up my oven to make some!
Fall and winter are my favorite food seasons for sure. As you know, I love quick and simple dinners, but there's also nothing I'd rather do than spend a weekend hunkered down in my kitchen baking away!
Actually, when I first started this blog about a year and a half ago, it was going to be pretty much baking recipes only! As I kept blogging, reading, and listening to everyone I started to understand that I would be much more of a value to you all if I posted things that we all need like weeknight dinner recipes!
Meals that are quick, easy, and not boring is what I was seeing that everyone wanted, and I enjoy making them and posting them just as much as sweet treats. Who would have thought?!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
Making chocolate chip banana bread is a breeze with this simple one bowl recipe!
- First, you will want to mash your ripe bananas until they are as smooth as possible. Then, add your sour cream and butter to the bananas.
- Next, just drop in your sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix really well once again!
- Third, we will add the dry ingredients of flour, baking soda, and salt. This is where it's important not to over-mix. Mix the batter just until everything is combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chips!
If you're looking for other sweet baking recipes be sure to try my Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins as well as my Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake and Chocolate Cheesecake Swirl Muffins!
Check us out on Facebook to see more tasty videos like the one below!
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- ½ Cup Butter, Melted
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Granulated Suar
- 1 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x5 inch loaf pan with butter and flour, or spray with non stick cooking spray that has flour added.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas until smooth. Str in the melted butter and sour cream. Stir in the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, and flour until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Elizabeth Nichols-Ross says
The easiest and best banana bread ever. Sometimes I leave out the chocolate and add walnuts or pecans.
Autumn Hayes says
I've both made and eaten alot of banana bread, but I kid you not when I say, This is THEE BEST banana bread I've ever tasted. The only thing I do differently is add a little fresh squeezed lemon juice.
The best banana bread recipe by far!!! Try this one, you will be happy you did.
Fantastic recipe 🙂 I alter it slightly by using 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated and have also added a streusel topping using 1/4 cup flour, 2 tbsp butter and 1 tsp cinnamon but the base recipe is fool-proof 🙂
Thanks I will try that, sounds good. I agree with you that this recipe is fool proof!!
Seriously the easiest and the BEST banana bread!! I came across this recipe about 5 years ago, and it has been my go-to since. I've had success reducing the sugar to half a cup. Thank you for this yummy, fool-proof recipe 🙂
Emma Savonin says
I am not joking when I say, Litterally the best banana bread I’ve EVER had. I made this dozens of times, and it never lets me down. Sometimes i throw in nuts with the chocolate or I even sun the sour cream with yogurt. It ALWAYS turns out fantastic!! It’s a new family favorite. People always ask for my banana bread recipe and I send them here. Thank you for this recipe! I recommend it to everyone.
Hands down the best tasting banana bread I’ve ever had.😍