Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins - The best double chocolate muffins with a mouthwatering cream cheese swirl! These chocolate cheesecake muffins are easy to make for the perfect decadent breakfast or brunch!
Happy Wednesday, guys! Let me just start by saying that if it's wrong to be completely obsessed with a muffin, I don't want to be right!
These came about the other week because I had a major chocolate craving, and then a major cheesecake craving. Obviously, the right thing to do was combine the two.
Most of the time citrus desserts like these Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars hold the key to my heart.
But, a super rich double chocolate muffin with a heavenly cheesecake swirl is just what the doctor ordered for a chilly, rainy, fall day.
I'm also super excited to keep making these babies all throughout baking season! We like to do brunch a lot during the holidays and I know that I can make these up in a snap.
So, not only are these muffins heaven in your mouth, they're also just REALLY gorgeous to look at!
Don't be fooled by their appearance at all, they're incredibly easy to make and come together in about 30 minutes.
Things to know about these Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins:
- Make sure you whisk your dry ingredients together really well and blend all of the wet ingredients together until very well incorporated before combining the two. Doing this will ensure that you don't overmix your batter.
- This batter is super thick! It's really almost cookie dough thick, so don't be alarmed by that. I take my ¼ cup measure to scoop the batter into the paper liners and it works like a charm.
- Swirl the cheesecake in using a toothpick, and be prepared to swirl for a minute or two since you're working the cream cheese mixture into a really thick batter!
Enjoy, and check out our video for this recipe below!
Chocolate Cheesecake Swirl Muffins
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 ¼ Cups Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Melted Butter
- ½ TBSP almond extract
- ½ Cup chocolate chips
FOR THE CHEESECAKE SWIRL:
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with 12 paper baking cups and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat together the sugar and eggs. Add the milk, butter, sour cream, and almond extract, mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla until well combined. Spoon about 1 Tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture onto the top of each muffin. Swirl the cheesecake mixture throughout each muffin using a toothpick.
- Bake muffins in the preheated oven for 18-23 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you purchase something from a link on my website, I make a few cents. All opinions stated here are my own.
This recipe was inspired by The Novice Chef Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins.