Lemon Zucchini Muffins are sweet and flavorful. Bursting with tangy lemon, warm vanilla, and flavorful zucchini, these muffins come out light and fluffy every time. A perfect flavor combo for the warmer months, you’ll be reaching for these over and over again. Brighten up your morning or afternoon with this lovely recipe!
Homemade Lemon Zucchini Muffins are an absolute treat. I’m a firm believer that muffins can be a breakfast option, the best kind of afternoon snack, or used as dessert. There’s never a wrong time to eat them! The combination of tart lemon, sweet vanilla, and zucchini make these particular muffins one of my favorites. They’re moist, light, fluffy, and just have the best texture to them. The flavors blend beautifully and they’re super simple to make. The hardest part is the time it takes to shred the zucchini but you don’t even have to peel it beforehand. These muffins are so addicting you’ll be craving them all spring and summer long!
How to Make Lemon Zucchini Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners. In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Now in a larger mixing bowl, combine the sugar, egg, and melted butter. Add in the milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined. Stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Carefully add the flour mixture to the larger mixing bowl a little at a time. Stir until just combined but don’t overmix the batter.
- Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 of the way full with the batter. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 5-10 minutes. Enjoy.
Lemon Zucchini Muffins Recipe Notes and Tips
- No need to peel the zucchini before shredding it. Do be sure to thoroughly wash it though.
- Don’t overmix your batter! It makes the muffins tough when baking.
- Chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds are great add-ins to give your muffins a bit of crunch! Poppyseeds are great in these as well.
- Leftover Lemon Zucchini muffins can be kept in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days to retain freshness. Did you know you can freeze muffins? Wrap each muffin individually in plastic wrap then store in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw them at room temperature when ready to eat.
Lemon Zucchini Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place liners in muffin tin.
- In medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, egg, and butter. Whisk to combine. Add in milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Stir in zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, half at a time. Stir just until combined. Do not overmix. Fill muffin wells ⅔ full with batter. Bake 17-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack for 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.