Fritos Corn Salad is a unique dish that can be used as a side or a dip! Packed with corn, black beans, peppers, onion, a blend of spicy and savory seasonings, and of course crunchy Fritos, this corn salad is perfect to bring to any potluck or BBQ. It’s so simple and quick to make, you’ll want to whip this up for every occasion!
Tired of the traditional potato or macaroni salad at every spring and summer gathering? Shake things up with this crunchy, savory, and a touch spicy Fritos Corn Salad. Full of veggies and flavor, this corn salad is an easy recipe anyone can throw together. Treat it as a dip or appetizer or use it as a side dish. It’s great for parties, taco Tuesdays, game days, or just an afternoon snack.
Cooking with Fritos just too much fun? Try some of these family favorite recipes with everyone’s favorite corn chips: Easy Frito Pie Recipe , Frito Pie Chili Dogs , Crockpot Chili Frito Pie. Or for more delicious dip ideas try my Loaded Avocado Dip or Spinach Artichoke Dip for your next get together!
Frito Corn Salad Ingredients:
Loaded with veggies and packed with flavor, this salad is great as a side dish or a dip!
- Mayonnaise: This will be the base of our dressing.
- Sour Cream: This will add a creamy, tangy flavor and texture to the salad.
- Lime: Freshly juiced will have the most vibrant flavor but you can substitute for concentrate if you already have it on hand.
- Seasonings: Salt, black pepper, chili powder, and ground cumin.
- Fritos Corn Chips: These add a delicious crunch to the salad.
- Sweet Golden Corn: Drained.
- Black Beans: Drained and rinsed.
- Bell Peppers: One green pepper, one red, both seeded and diced
- Purple onion: Diced. Purple onions have the best raw flavor for salads and sandwiches. They also add color to the dish.
Fritos Corn Salad Recipe Notes and Tips:
- While this salad is best the day it’s made, it can be stored without the corn chips in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reserve the Fritos for topping when you are ready to serve so they don’t get mushy while soaking in the dressing.
- While I use canned corn for this recipe you can always use fresh or frozen (thaw the frozen corn before mixing into the salad) corn instead.
- For extra spice, try adding in chopped jalapenos or a drizzle of sriracha.
- Change up the flavor by using different varieties of Fritos like BBQ or Chili Cheese flavored!
- Add some shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack into the mix along with chopped green onions for a twist.
Fritos Corn Salad
- ½ Cup mayonnaise
- ½ Cup sour cream
- ½ Lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 3 Cups of Fritos corn chips
- 1 15-oz Can of sweet golden corn, drained
- 1 15-oz Can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Green pepper seeded and diced
- 1 Red bell pepper seeded and diced
- ½ Purple onion diced
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the corn chips, corn, beans, green pepper, red bell pepper and onion to a large bowl and toss to combine then pour in the sauce mixture and gently toss to combine once again.
- Serve with freshly minced cilantro and additional Fritos chips.