Creamy Corn Dip is so quick and easy to make and loaded up with flavor! This dip is packed with corn, bacon, green onions, cream cheese, cheddar, and rotel!
This dip is a summer staple and I think everyone has had some version of it before! Someone always brings it to the party, and it’s usually one of the first things to go at any cook out or potluck! This is my version of the classic, and it’s not the prettiest dip, but it is so flavor packed and delicious! What I love most about this corn dip is that it’s a great way to use up those pantry and refrigerator staples! It comes together in about ten minutes, about as simple as it gets! We load it up with whatever corn you have (fresh, frozen, or canned) and plenty of cream cheese, mayo, garlic, chili powder, and lime for a really smooth dip! There isn’t much to making this at all. Once your cheese/mayo mixture is blended up well, you can just fold in your bell pepper, corn, some of the green onions, bacon, and rotel! If you love this one, check out our Fiesta Ranch Cream Cheese Dip too!
Corn Dip Recipe Notes:
- This recipe calls for 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1 cup of mayonnaise. You can use full fat, light, or fat free! If you think this might be too much mayonnaise for you, swap out half of it for sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
- You can use any color of bell pepper that you want for this recipe! I usually like to use red or orange. Or, leave them out if it isn’t one of your favorites.
- If you want even more “kick” to your corn dip add in some spice! You can add a pinch of cayenne, a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, or even a finely diced/seeded jalapeno.
- If you aren’t familiar with Rotel, it is a mixture of canned diced tomatoes and green chilis. You can swap it out for one can of regular diced tomatoes, or even a fresh tomato and a small can of green chili’s if preferred.
- If you prefer a ranch flavor to your dip, you can add in some powdered ranch dip mix. Start out with about 1/4 of the package and taste, then add more to your own preference.
- The bacon is OPTIONAL in this recipe! I love it, but if you want a meatless dip, go ahead and skip it.
- Plan ahead if you can for this corn dip. It can be served right away, but it really has the best flavor if it can chill for 1-2. hours before serving. Once it’s mixed up, it’s good for 3-4 days in the fridge. Make sure you give it a good stir before eating.
- For serving, my preference is buttery crackers such as Ritz or Town House brand. It’s also good with tortilla or potato chips or even your fave veggies. If using veggies, I recommend sliced bell pepper, sliced cucumbers, and broccoli.
Creamy Corn Dip
- 8 Slices Bacon
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 15 Ounce Cans Corn, About 3 Cups
- 1 Large Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 10 Ounce Can Rotel
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Green Onions
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, drain onto a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl use a hand mixer to blend together the cream cheese, cheddar, mayo, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder until smooth.
- Crumble the bacon and add HALF to the cream cheese mixture along with the corn, bell pepper, rotel and half of the green onions.
- Use a spatula to fold gently until combined.
- Set aside the remaining crumbled bacon and green onions.
- Cover the dip and chill for 1-2 hours before serving. Top with the remaining bacon and onions before serving.
- Dip is good in the refrigerator, covered for up to 4 days.