Creamy Cajun Potato Salad – This creamy and easy to make potato salad is a side dish classic that’s kicked up with tons of flavor from eggs, bacon, green onions, and Cajun seasoning!
You say potato, I say po-tah-toe?
I actually don’t know anyone that says potato with three syllables. In fact, in the Midwest, a lot of people say “tater.” I like it that way.
Short, sweet, to the point – taters are good. This tater salad is magnificent. Sorry, I’ll stop saying tater now.
I’m not a potato salad snob, I like homestyle, the mustard kind that you find at the deli, sweet or dill relish, doesn’t matter, I’m going to pile way too much of it on my plate and savor every creamy bite.
Snob or no snob, I still think this potato salad is king.
Probably because it has an entire pound of BACON in it.
It’s quite possibly the most flavorful potato salad I’ve ever eaten. It doesn’t get boring with just one main mustard or mayo flavor.
So, what IS all up in this??
I use red potatoes, but you can use whatever potatoes suit your taste. We’ve got boiled egg, bacon, celery, green onion, and dill pickle relish (use sweet if that’s your thing).
The dressing is what really sets this salad apart – mayo, spicy mustard, plenty of garlic, a little cayenne (or a lot if you can handle the heat), and plenty of Creole/Cajun seasoning.
It’s a flavor explosion, you guys. No joke.
We don’t need to talk about the fact that I ate pretty much the entire serving bowl of this to myself over the weekend.
BBQ season is officially upon us.
Just go ahead and be the hit of your next potluck or party and bring this a long.
Don’t eat it all beforehand like I did.
Creamy Cajun Potato Salad
FOR THE SALAD:
- 5 Pounds Red Potatoes
- 5 Hard Boiled Eggs, Peeled and diced
- 1 Pound Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
- 4 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 3 Green Onions, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Pickle Relish, I used dill
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 1/2 Cups Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Spicy Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Creole or Cajun Seasoning
- Cut the red potatoes in half. Place into a large pot and cover with cold water. Place the pot on the stove and bring the potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or just until potatoes are fork tender but still firm. Drain the water from the potatoes, and place them into the refrigerator to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Add in the crumbled bacon, diced eggs, celery, green onion, and relish. When the potatoes are cool, cut them into bite sized chunks and add to the bowl.
- Chill the potato salad for at least one hour for best flavor before serving.