Cheesy Garlic Skillet Bread is so easy to make with drop biscuit dough in only 30 minutes! This cheesy, mouthwatering, bread is perfect with any meal!
This skillet bread is a must for me and my family all year long, but, especially a favorite in the colder months with a big bowl of soup! I just recently shared my recipe for Vegetable Soup with you, and cheesy skillet bread is my favorite side to go along with it! This recipe was modeled after my Easy Drop Biscuits. It’s just as simple to make, if not easier, and amazingly flavorful. No kneading, no rolling, and no shaping involved!
How to Make Skillet Bread:
You can take a look at the college of photos below if this is your first time making a quick bread. It is a simple drop biscuit dough with the addition of cheese and garlic. I like to outline the steps with photos on these baking recipes, so you can get a feel for what the dough will look like.
- Preheat your oven, and grease a 10-12 inch cast iron or other oven-proof skillets with butter then set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, garlic powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add the cheese, butter, and milk to the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Add the dough to your prepared pan and press the dough down evenly to fill the pan up.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden on top.
While your bread is in the oven, melt the remaining butter for the topping in a medium bowl. Whisk in your garlic powder, parsley, and a pinch of salt if desired. Once the bread comes out of the oven you can drizzle or brush the butter mixture over evenly.
Note that this bread will be super HOT coming out of the oven. I like to brush the butter mixture over, then allow it to stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing into wedges and serving. Also, note that the 8 servings are just a guideline. This could easily serve anywhere from 4-10 people, depending on how hungry everyone is! Once this bread is prepared, store it in a zip top bag and eat within 3 days for best results.
Cheesy Garlic Skillet Bread
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Stick Butter Melted
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/2 Stick Butter Melted
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Parsley Chopped
- Pinch of Salt Optional
FOR THE DOUGH:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 10-12 inch cast iron (or other ovenproof) skillet with butter, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add the melted butter, milk, and shredded cheddar to the batter and stir just until moistened.
- Place the dough in the prepared pan and push down into an even layer, filling the entire pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden on top and cooked through.
FOR THE TOPPING:
- In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, garlic powder, parsley, and salt if using. Brush over hot bread as desired.