Easy Drop Biscuits are a simple, quick and easy biscuit recipe that comes together in about 15 minutes! These biscuits are perfect with gravy or a nice addition to any meal!
Easy Drop Biscuits:
Drop biscuits are a staple recipe in my house! They go perfectly with almost any meal, but especially with our Best Sausage Gravy for breakfast or a big bowl of Homemade Tomato Soup! My recipe uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. We use flour, baking powder, melted butter, milk, and a few seasonings to pull these biscuits together in only 15 minutes or so. There are no special steps, and my favorite part is that we use melted butter rather than cold butter to keep these even easier!
What are Drop Biscuits?
Drop biscuits are a type of biscuit that is made from scratch! They are called "drop" because there is no rolling out or cutting of the dough. They are simply dropped onto the pan from a spoon and then baked.
How To Make Easy Drop Biscuits:
- The first step is, of course, to preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with either butter, non-stick spray, or parchment paper.
- Next, I like to go ahead and cut my stick of butter into cubes, then melt it in the microwave.
- While the butter is melting, I whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Then, add the milk and butter to the flour mixture and stir just until all of the flour is moistened.
- Drop the dough by heaping Tablespoons onto your prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-11 minutes until they are golden.
- Optional: If you choose you can brush these with extra melted butter right when they come out of the oven!
Easy Drop Biscuits
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Stick Butter, Melted
- ¾ Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and garlic powder.
- Stir the butter and milk into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Drop the batter by heaping Tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until golden.