Best Crab Dip is creamy, cheesy, and packed full of so much flavor! This dip recipe can be served hot or cold and is always a crowd favorite!
Warm weather is here and this dip is just what the doctor ordered! Some of you readers of mine already know that I could live on dips alone for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I’m obsessed with creating new dips and this crab dip is perfect cold for spring/summer, and can also be oven baked for the cooler months. I made sure it would work both ways because this one is a year-round party fave. If you’re looking for a few more dips to try some of my other favorites are my Dill Pickle Bacon Cheeseball and my Buffalo Chicken Dip. Also, my Hawaiian Dip has become a really fun and different go-to dip around here!
How To Make Crab Dip:
- If you are making this as a hot dip, go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Otherwise, just grab a bowl and start mixing!
- You will mix together your cream cheese, mayo, corn, green onions, celery, bell pepper, and seasonings. I like to use a hand mixer on low speed for this to make sure I get flavor in every bite.
- Next, mix in your lump crab meat. I took a picture as you can see #2 below. This is not imitation crab meat! You can find lump crab meat in cans or in pouches in the seafood section of your grocery store, which is what I used.
- Add the cheese and crab meat to the cream cheese mixture and mix on low just until combined. Using the hand mixer will break up the crab a bit to make sure it’s well dispersed throughout the dip.
- After everything is mixed up you can spread the mixture into a 9×9 inch dish if baking and top with extra cheese if desired. Bake for about 20 minutes until nice and bubbly. If serving cold, chill the dip for 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to combine.
How Long Will Crab Dip Last in the Refrigerator?
This crab dip can be made ahead! It will need to be mixed completely as directed in the recipe card, then stored in an airtight container or resealable zip top plastic bag. Then, you can store it safely in the fridge for up to four days for best results. I don’t recommend freezing this, the texture doesn’t stay the same.
How To Reheat Crab Dip:
If you’d like to mix this up and bake it later you certainly can! Make as directed and then spread it out evenly in a 9×9 inch pan when ready to bake. Add extra cheese to the top if you wish, and bake until hot and bubbly. You can microwave until warm as well, but, it definitely tastes better coming out of the oven!
Best Crab Dip
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Corn Kernels
- 1/2 Cup Celery, Diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Thinly Sliced Green Onion
- 2 Teaspoons Cajun or Creole Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 12 Ounces Lump Crab Meat
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- *IF SERVING HOT: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If serving cold or making ahead, skip this step.
- In a large bowl use a hand mixer on low speed to mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, corn kernels, celery, bell pepper, green onion, cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add in the lump crab meat and cheese and mix on low just until combined.
- If baking, pour the dip into a 9x9 inch baking dish, top with extra shredded cheese if desired, to taste. Bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- If serving cold, add the dip to an airtight container and chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve this dip with your favorite crackers, chips, and veggies for dipping.