Best Crab Salad is so easy to make in only 10 minutes! My crab salad recipe is loaded with flavor and makes the most amazing sandwich!
This is 100% the perfect summer sandwich, ever. If you really (but WHY) want to skip the bread, this salad is also great served over a bed of lettuce, stuffed into celery, or eaten on top of cucumber rounds. Crab salad generally always starts with imitation crab meat, it’s easy to find, it’s budget friendly, and it has a pretty mild flavor. If you prefer, you can absolutely use lump crab meat just like I do in my Crab Dip recipe! Along with the crab we throw in a chopped bell pepper for a little crunch, some green onions, because the flavor is mild and great with the crab, sweet pickle relish, mayo, a little lemon, and plenty of seasonings. It has been unbearably hot and humid here, and I’m loving this salad for lunch and dinner. And, I don’t even mind heating up the oven for a few minutes to stuff it into a hot buttery roll.
How To Make Crab Salad:
- It doesn’t get much easier than this! Add your crab, diced pepper, sliced green onions, and dill relish to a large bowl. Use one with a tight fitting lid if you want to chill this first or save it for later.
- Grab a small bowl and whisk together your mayo, juice of half a lemon, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired, you can butter 4-5 hoagie rolls and toast them under the broiler of your oven for serving!
How Long Does Crab Salad Last:
Once prepared, it’s best to store this in a container with a lid in the refrigerator for up to three days. If this sits out for longer than 2 hours for any reason at all, I would discard the rest.
Best Crab Salad
- 1 Pound Imitation Crab Meat** Flaked
- 1 Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Green Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Optional Serving Ideas: Hoagie Rolls or buns, cucumber rounds, stuff in bell peppers or tomatoes, crackers, celery.
- Add the crab meat, bell pepper, green onion, and relish to a large bowl that has a tight fitting lid.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Pour the dressing over the crab mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately in rolls if desired, or cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.