Banana Bread Brownies – These banana bread brownies are quick and easy to prepare! All the banana bread flavor we love, with the fudge like texture of a brownie, all topped off with the most amazing brown butter frosting!
I feel like these really need no introduction.
I mean, what’s better than using up those overripe bananas for a banana brownie with melt in your mouth brown butter frosting?
These bars take regular banana bread to a whole other level, and keep you from tossing old bananas in the trash.
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW!
I have a big bad habit of over-buying bananas.
We eat a ton of them in my house – my kids literally go “bananas” for bananas.
Sorry, promise I’ll stop trying to make jokes.
Anywho – I buy like 4 pounds of bananas every week and there are always two that are sad, brown, and alone at the bottom of the fruit bowl by the time the week is up.
There’s really no reason to waste the sad bananas when they can be turned into something so delicious all quick like magic.
Ok, so watch the video, check out the recipe, then get in the kitchen and make these!
You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already!
Banana Bread Brownies
- For the brownies
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted
- 2 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Mashed Banana
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- For the frosting:
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- For the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, or large bowl if using hand mixer, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Add the eggs, vanilla, and mashed banana and mix well.
- Gently stir in the salt and flour until smooth. Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- For the frosting:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and allow to cook until golden brown. Add the milk and brown sugar, stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the powdered sugar.
- Spread the frosting immediately over the cooled brownies.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
I shared this recipe over at The Weekend Potluck!