These are the perfect easy holiday cookie! Soft, buttery, thick, cookies filled with mini red and green M&M’s!
Come and follow me HERE on Pinterest for more delicious food!
Check out our video for these festive cookies below!
If you’re looking for a quick cookie that bakes up nice and soft for the holiday’s, these are the one’s my friends!
There is no chilling or rolling out of dough involved here!
Cornstarch is the trick to thick, puffy, cookies without having to refrigerate your dough for hours.
Of course, you can make these babies any time of year that you please – but, seriously, thank goodness for those tiny little red and green M&M’s! They make these a very traditional feeling Christmas cookie.
M&M cookies are a favorite of mine, like, I can’t keep my hands off them, favorite.
These particular cookies have kind of a nack for not lasting very long in my house! If you have a crowd coming over for your Holiday celebration – these can easily be doubled! YAY!
You’ll see that the recipe calls for 2 cups of mini holiday M&M’s. I use about 1 and 1/2 cups of the candies in the cookie batter, then save the rest to put on top of the cookies right before baking.
When you make these guys definitely stay on the lower end of baking time to start, then check them after that. They will still look slightly wet in the middle and should just be barely golden around the edges when you pull them out of the oven.
Don’t let them get too brown or they will be dry and crispy – and sad. Don’t make your cookies sad, please!
If you can’t find the mini M&M’s you can use regular sized M&M’s and should be able to find the red and green in your stores candy aisle this season. You can always give them a nice rough chop with a large knife if you’d like them smaller. I don’t recommend putting M&M’s in the food processor – the shells come apart.
Like I said, these are easy, and that’s pretty much all the direction you need here! I’ll hush and let you have your recipe now. Enjoy!
Holiday M&M Cookies
- 2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Corn starch
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Sticks butter softened
- 2 Eggs at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Cups mini holiday M&M's red and green
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl with hand mixer, or bowl of stand mixer using paddle attachment, beat together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, and almond on low speed until well combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, corn starch, and salt.
- With mixer on low, slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well combined.
- Turn off mixer and stir in the M&M's.
- Roll cookies into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Press extra M&M's into the top of the cookie dough as desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes (they will be slightly under-baked).
- Allow cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes on pan, remove to a wire rack and cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.