Arugula Pesto Potato Salad is the perfect, fresh, summer side dish! You’ll love this salad packed with tons of peppery arugula, garlic, and parmesan flavor!
Pesto Potato Salad:
This recipe came about because I really wanted another easy summer side to share, I LOVE pesto, and I had an abundance of arugula that needed used! I’m also always happy with our classic creamy Potato Salad, but I wanted something different and fresh. Our potato salad today, well, it’s so simple it’s almost not even a recipe! It’s just a matter of boiling up some baby potatoes, and blending up a quick pesto! You probably have most of the ingredients already on hand. It’s basic with arugula, garlic, lemon, pine nuts, and parmesan. I give some tips below if you want to change things up as well based upon what you have on hand. I like to serve this salad with Baked Salmon, along side a good burger, or with Grilled Chicken Thighs.
Pesto Potato Salad Recipe Notes:
- If you prefer a classic pesto, you can simply use our Easy Basil Pesto Recipe! It’s just as good!
- You can use fingerling, baby gold, or small red potatoes in this recipe. If you only have large potatoes, you will only need a couple of them for about 1.5 pounds total. Or, you can double the recipe for a crowd.
- This potato salad is good served cold or warm! You can mix it up and serve right away. I personally prefer it cold, and the flavors come together more once it chills for a few hours.
- If you don’t have arugula on hand, don’t worry. This is great using spinach, basil, or even kale.
- You can also change up the nuts! You can use cashews, walnuts, sun flower seeds, or even almonds.
Arugula Pesto Potato Salad
- 1.5 Pounds Baby Potatoes
- 2 Cups Packed Arugula
- 1/3 Cup Pine Nuts
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add the potatoes to the water and boil for about 10 minutes until fork tender. Drain the water and place the potatoes in a large bowl in the fridge until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, add the arugula, nuts, garlic, parmesan, lemon juice, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the bowl of your food process or high powered blender.
- Pulse 4-5 times until the mixture is coarse. Turn the food processor on low, stream in the olive oil until the pesto is smooth.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, cut them into halves or fourths as desired.
- Pour the pesto over the potatoes and stir to coat. Serve immediately for a warm potato salad, or chill until ready to serve.
- Potato salad is good in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.