Air Fryer Chicken Legs are juicy on the inside, crispy on the outside. No deep frying required! Made in under 20 minutes and oh so flavorful, this might be your family’s new favorite chicken recipe. Make them for Sunday crowd or just a weeknight quick fix dinner option.
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
If you love our Baked Chicken Drumsticks you’re going to be so excited for this one! I love how crispy and juicy this chicken turns out. Plus they’re usually cheaper than regular chicken breasts. Coated in olive oil and a blend of savory seasoning, these chicken legs are a great main course or potluck option. The fat in the chicken legs mixed with the olive oil make the skin crisp while keeping the meat extra juicy and tender on the inside.Made in just 20 minutes, this is a winner of a chicken dinner.
Can I reheat leftovers and still keep the chicken crispy?
Yes! That’s the beauty of the air fryer method, any leftover chicken can be crisped right back up. Just reheat them in the fryer for about 5-7 minutes and they’re just as good as when you made them fresh!
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Preheat the air fryer. Set your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray the basket with your favorite non-stick cooking spray.
- Create the coating. In a large bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, poultry seasoning, and olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Coat the chicken. Add the chicken legs to the bowl and toss until all are evenly coated.
- Air Fry. Place about 4-5 legs into the basket (don’t overcrowd here or they won’t cook evenly) and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip them over and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat and serve. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining chicken legs until all are hot and ready. Serve with a garnish of parsley and enjoy.
Storing Air Fryer Chicken Legs
You can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Let the chicken cool to room temp before storing in an airtight container. To reheat, I recommend using the air fryer or oven.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Legs
You can serve these alongside some creamy Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Veggies, with a salad, or alongside some crispy french fries for a better than drive thru meal. Try them with a Macaroni Salad for something light in the warmer weather. I love playing with the different seasoning blends to change up the flavors.You can also go for the classic seasoning then coat them with your favorite wings sauce or marinade! Who needs a loud sports bar when you have from scratch chicken right at home? Chicken legs and the air fryer really do make a perfect pair.
A Few Recipe Notes:
- Chicken Legs – You’ll want about 2 ½ pounds of legs/drumsticks for this recipe. You could use the same method with wings too! You may just need to adjust the cook time. All cooked chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees to be thoroughly cooked.
- Poultry Seasoning – You can find this among the regular spice aisle. It gives your chicken a wonderful peppery, lemony, earthy flavor that is absolutely mouthwatering!
- Seasoning Blend – As for the rest of the blend, this is my go to classic combo but you can experiment with your own favorites and variations.
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray the basket with non-stick spray.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl until everything is evenly coated.
- Then arrange 4-5 of the legs in the basket and cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flip the legs over and cook for another 10 minutes or until their internal temperature reaches 165.
- Repeat the cooking process with the remaining chicken, cooking 4-5 legs at a time.
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.