Air Fryer Salmon is a quick way to serve up tender, flaky fish in under 10 minutes. Seasoned to perfection, browned on the outside, and juicy on the inside. This method is a surefire way to achieve a restaurant quality entree in just a few minutes!
Air Fryer Salmon
A good salmon dinner doesn’t have to be saved for a special occasion or fancy night out. With this air fryer method, you can make perfect salmon right at home in just a few short minutes. This salmon comes out so flaky without being dried out and you can dictate the amount of seasoning you like! You can even customize the flavors to pair with a ton of different dishes. Use a few spice cabinet favorites with basically zero prep for an elevated dinner any night of the week. Salmon is a healthy alternative to heavier meals and using the air fryer makes it super simple to prepare. We’re enjoying it in all kinds of ways! Use it to add protein to salads for lunch, pair it with pasta, or serve with some fresh green veggies and your favorite rice or risotto. Leftovers will stay fresh for 4 days so it’s also a good option when meal prepping for the week.
Can I reheat air fried salmon?
You can! The best way is to just pop it back in the air fryer at 375-400°F for about 4-5 minutes. Spray the basket prior to avoid sticking. Since it’s already cooked, just reheat until warmed through. This is a great way to avoid microwaving your salmon which can dry out leftovers and has that awful lingering smell.
How To Make Air Fryer Salmon
- Preheat your air fryer. Set it 400°F and allow it to heat up.
- Make the seasoning blend. Whisk together the salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and thyme until combined.
- Dry the salmon. Remove any excess moisture from the salmon with a paper towel and set the filets on a plate.
- Season the salmon. Sprinkle the tops and sides of the filets with the spice blend, making sure to rub it in for maximum flavor.
- Spray the basket and arrange the filets. Use your favorite non-stick cooking spray to coat the air fryer basket, then arrange the salmon inside. Be sure the filets don’t overlap. If you have larger pieces you may want to cook them in batches.
- Cook and serve. Cook the salmon for 6-8 minutes. The salmon should be opaque when cooked through. Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh thyme and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes for Air Fryer Salmon
- Salmon – You’ll want to leave the skin on while cooking and make sure the filets are even in size. The internal temperature should be 145°F when completely cooked through so depending on the size of your filets you may need to adjust the cook time slightly. The salmon should flake apart with a fork when done.
- Seasoning – The spice blend can be completely customizable based on your tastes or the dish you’re pairing your seafood with! Try a cajun blend, something in the lemon pepper realm, maybe a teriyaki glaze, or even a smokey maple rub.
- Serving suggestions – This salmon goes great with a bed of brown rice pilaf and asparagus. You can add it to a lemon butter pasta, or use it to top a freshly made salad for a lovely light meal!
- Storing Air Fryer Salmon – Store leftover salmon in the fridge in an airtight container for 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer until warmed through.
Air Fryer Salmon
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the meantime, whisk the salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and thyme together in a small bowl.
- Pat the salmon dry and place them on a large plate.
- Season the tops and sides with the spice blend and rub it in.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray then place the fillets inside, not overlapping. (If your fillets are too large you may need to do this in 2 batches.)
- Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes or until the salmon is opaque and cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges and fresh thyme for garnish if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.