Tater Tot Chili Dog Casserole is a cheesy, savory, and fun new twist on tater tot casserole and chili dogs! This casserole is easy to make with leftover or canned chili!
It's safe to say that we love every version of Tater Tot Casserole in our house! Be sure to try out all of my recipes for Traditional Tater Tot Casserole and Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole as well as our weekend go-to Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole! I always keep a bag or two of frozen tots in my freezer at all times, these casseroles are so easy for a last minute dinner that I know everyone in my family is going to enjoy.
How to Make Chili Dog Casserole with Tater Tots:
- We love to use leftover chili from my Best Easy Chili Recipe for this dish. Or, you can use two cans (40 ounces total, one big can and one small) of your favorite kind of chili with meat and beans.
- If you are using leftover chili, there is no need to heat it up first before assembling the casserole.
- Next, slice up ten hot dogs into rounds and stir into your chili.
- Add 1 ½ - 2 Cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and mix the chili, hot dog, cheese mixture until well combined. Then, spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Next, top with an even layer of tater tots. Bake uncovered so that the tots get nice and golden. You can top with extra cheese and bake for 5 more minutes at the end if desired.
- NOTE: You can add extra onions, or seasonings to your chili as desired.
Tater Tot Chili Dog Casserole
- 10 Hot Dogs Sliced
- 1 25 Ounce Can Chili
- 1 15 Ounce Can Chili
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Package Frozen Tater Tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the sliced hot dogs, one cup of the cheese, and both cans of chili.
- Pour the chili mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top the mixture with an even layer of tater tots.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.