Spinach & Artichoke Dip Chicken - The best way to turn a favorite dip into an easy one pan dinner! Tender chicken breasts smothered in creamy, garlicy, spinach and artichoke dip!
Ok, so, I've officially found creamy, cheesy, chicken heaven in a pan.
I first had chicken stuffed with artichokes and spinach at a restaurant. It was magnificent. I saw stars.
Of course after that I needed to recreate the dish at home.
Let's be real, I don't always have the time or patience to stuff chicken breasts.
I do definitely have time to pour some dip over my seared chicken and let it do it's thing in the oven for a few.
What's great about leaving the dip on the outside of the chicken is it becomes a kind of creamy sauce that makes this perfection to serve over pasta!
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW!
Hooray for an excuse to eat spinach/artichoke dip all the time! Like I really needed an excuse.
So, this dip is SUPER thick as you can see in the video. If you have a hand mixer, please get it out and use it because otherwise you'll be using a spoon, feeling like your arm is going to up and fall off, and curse me the whole time.
Nobody wants that.
We just want warm cheesy dip over chicken!
You can just get all of the dip ingredients in a bowl and blend away until it's well mixed. I usually do add the artichokes and spinach last.
For this recipe, you'll just sear your chicken breasts for a few minutes on each side. Seared chicken = more flavor!
Pour your dip over, spread it all over the chicken. Then, pop it in the oven and let it get all melty and delicious.
If you don't have an oven proof skillet, it's all good! Put your seared chicken into a baking dish, top with the dip and let it cook that way.
If you're feeling a little dangerous, you should definitely add more cheese to the top before putting this in the oven.
Then broil it for a couple of minutes before you take it out of the oven to make that cheese extra bubbly!
Looking for other flavorful chicken dinners? Try out my One Pot Buffalo Chicken Tortellini!
Don't forget to follow me on PINTEREST! I'm always pinning the best food out there!
- 4 Chicken Breasts, 1 to 1 ½ Pounds
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 6-8 Ounces Fresh Spinach Chopped
- 1 14 Ounce Can Artichoke Hearts, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or sturdy spoon, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and both cheeses. Add in the spinach and artichoke hearts and mix until everything is well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper as desired. Sear the chicken breasts in pre heated skillet for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Pour the dip mixture over the chicken. Top with extra cheese if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
I shared this recipe at Melt in your mouth Monday by Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms.