Soft Batch Christmas Sprinkle Cookies are a super easy holiday sugar cookie – no rolling the dough required! Packed with red and green sprinkles, perfect for the holidays! These sprinkle sugar cookies are the best, easiest, Christmas cookies around!
*This recipe was originally published on December 13th, 2016 and has been updated with new photos AND a video*
You guys. It’s Christmas cookie season! My favorite season of all. Ever.
It doesn’t matter what other desserts are on display at Christmas time, I go for anything with sprinkles on it first.
Know what makes Christmas cookie season even better for me? When I can have the softest, most buttery-delicious, cookies ever, and not have to roll out a big heap of dough!
Um, it’s the holidays and I’m busy, and I might WANT to do that (I really don’t) but I don’t have time. I’m going to guess you don’t either.
If you’re like me, these are the cookies for you. Step away from the rolling pin – ya don’t need it!
This is a fairly basic sugar cookie dough, with a couple of additions to, ya know, make them even better.
The addition of cornstarch keeps these guys nice and thick and puffy.
THEN, the cream cheese keeps them super soft, and makes them taste extra buttery!
These sprinkle cookies whip up in about ten minutes, and then into the fridge for a good two hours – yes, chilling is mandatory for these guys.
After they come out of the fridge, you’ll roll the dough into balls, then roll them in a bowl of sprinkles. Don’t mix your sprinkles into the dough – if you do it will most likely turn an unsavory shade of brown…..nobody wants that.
If you’re looking for other Holiday recipes you can find my families traditional Poppy Seed Bread right HERE as well as some super tasty Peppermint Chocolate Poke Cake right HERE! Be sure to try my Soft Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies too!
Soft Batch Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- 1 Stick butter softened
- 1/4 Cup cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons corn starch
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup sprinkles nonpareils
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or a large bowl using hand mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and extracts until light and fluffy. About 5 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Mix together on low/medium speed for one minute, until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for two hours before baking.
- When dough is done chilling, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the sprinkles into a medium bowl, and roll tablespoon sized balls of dough into the sprinkles.
- Place the cookies onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes. These should not turn golden brown, and will still look wet when they come out of the oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.