Smores Bars made with golden grahams are ooey, gooey and so easy! This bar has the classic s’mores flavor with tons of marshmallows and chunks of chocolate for a treat you can’t resist!
These easy to make bars are such a fun treat and a nice change up from the regular rice krispie treats! Kids and adults love all of the graham cracker, marshmallow and chocolate flavor! They are soft, chewy, gooey and have just the perfect amount of sweetness. They are similar to our Scotcharoos, but even more easy to make and with a unique taste. I love smores everything and this comforting Smores French Toast Casserole is also one of our faves on the weekend! These bars basically satisfy the smores craving even when you don't have time to make the real thing!
Golden Grahams Cereal – This cereal gives the graham cracker flavor to these tasty bars! You can also use a mixture of Rice Krispies cereal with crushed graham crackers to make S’mores Bars.
Marshmallows – Miniature marshmallows are easy to use and melt quickly. You can use regular-sized marshmallows as well, and cut them into smaller pieces for the unmelted portion.
Salted Butter – If you are using unsalted butter, add ¼ teaspoon of salt to the melted marshmallows.
Vanilla Extract – Vanilla adds delicious flavor to these bars, but it can be left out if you prefer.
Chocolate Chips – Milk chocolate is the traditional flavor of s’mores, but I like to use a mix of milk and dark chocolate chips for additional layers of flavor. You can also use Hershey’s milk chocolate candy bars. You will need 16 ounces of candy bars, broken into small pieces.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
How do I store Golden Graham S’mores Bars?
Once cooled and sliced, place the bars in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
How do I cut the bars without my knife sticking?
Spray your knife with nonstick spray before cutting the bars. This will help prevent the bars from sticking to the knife.
Can I toast the marshmallows?
For a more toasted smore’s look, put the finished pan of Golden Graham Bars under the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Watch closely to make sure that the marshmallows do not burn.
Can I use a different kind of cereal?
The graham cracker flavor of Golden Grahams makes these bars taste just like smore’s. But they still be delicious with other kinds of cereal.
- 6 ½ Cups Golden Grahams Cereal divided
- 16 Ounces 9 ⅔ cups Miniature Marshmallows, divided
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips divided
- ¼ Cup Salted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with a large sheet of parchment paper that overhangs the sides. Spray the paper with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix ½ cup of Golden Grahams cereal, ½ cup miniature marshmallows, and ½ cup chocolate chips. Set aside to top the bars.
- Place the butter and 5 cups of marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until the marshmallows are completely melted. (About 90 seconds.)
- Stir in the vanilla extract, then the remaining Golden Grahams cereal.
- Once the cereal is well coated with the melted marshmallows, stir in the remaining marshmallows and chocolate chips. (Work quickly so that the chocolate does not melt too much.)
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the reserved cereal, marshmallow, and chocolate mixture over the top. Cool completely.
- To serve, pull up on the parchment paper to remove the s’mores from the pan. Use a sharp knife to slice into squares.