Skinny Turkey Enchilada Soup is an easy and flavorful soup that’s packed full of flavor! This simple, healthy, soup is a great way to use ground turkey!
This skinny turkey enchilada soup is seriously just so hearty and out of this world. It’s perfect for the cold months while being lower-cal, so I don’t have to feel guilty about indulging. Totally hits the spot! We also love my classic Chicken Enchilada Soup, but, I wanted something new and exciting, with a bit of a different flavor. I use a mixture of green enchilada sauce and salsa verde for this soup instead of the usual red enchilada sauce. Let me tell you, it does not disappoint!
How To Make Skinny Turkey Enchilada Soup:
This soup can easily be made in 30 minutes on the stovetop, or you can make it in the crockpot and have it ready when you get home from work!
- First, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the ground turkey along with the onions, garlic, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper until the meat is cooked through. Since ground turkey is so lean, you shouldn’t need to drain off excess grease.
- At this point, you will add all of the remaining ingredients except for the cornstarch and water to the pot and allow the soup to simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Alternately, if you’d like to make this in your slow cooker, ad the meat to the crockpot along with the remaining ingredients. You will still skip the cornstarch and cold water until the end.
- In the slow cooker, you can cook this on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- About 5 minutes before you are ready to eat, mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl and whisk into the soup. Simmer for a few minutes until thickened.
- Serve the soup as is, or with your favorite garnishes. We like to have this with sour cream, shredded cheddar, and a few tortilla chips.
Can I Use Leftover Turkey For This Soup?
Yes, you can! If you have leftover turkey simply add it right to the pot, or slow cooker with all of the remaining ingredients and stir well. On the stove, heat for 30 minutes or until cooked through. In the slow cooker, I recommend cooking on low for up to 8 hours.
How Long Can Turkey Soup Last In The Fridge?
To store this soup in the refrigerator, allow it to cool to room temperature. Then, pour it into a container with a lid, or a large zip-top bag. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days for best results. This soup can be frozen for up to 2 months if desired.
Skinny Turkey Enchilada Soup
- 2 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey or Chicken
- 1 Large Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons (1 Packet) Taco Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 28 Ounce Can Green Enchilada Sauce
- 2 15 Ounce Cans White Beans
- 1 10 Ounce Can Rotel
- 1/2 Cup Salsa Verde
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground turkey, diced onion, minced garlic, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Stir, breaking up the meat until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the broth to the skillet and stir, scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
- Add the enchilada sauce, beans, Rotel, salsa verde, and frozen corn and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl mix together the corn starch and water until smooth.
- Whisk into the soup and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened.