Crockpot Stuffed Peppers are packed full of Mexican flavors and so easy to make! You’ll love these peppers stuffed with beef, rice, corn, beans, and cheese!
Crockpot Stuffed Peppers:
My family loves these stuffed peppers, we have them several times per month! We use our crockpot year round, so this is a great satisfying dinner to make anytime. The prep is super minimal here, and then they just need to slow cook for 2-4 hours total. These stray a little bit from traditional stuffed peppers because they have really yummy southwestern flavors. The rice and beans are combined with enchilada sauce, spices like chili powder, cumin, and garlic. Then, lots of cheese and a can of your favorite beans! Black beans, pinto beans, or chili beans are all great here. If you really prefer not to use beans, that’s fine you can substitute with more corn instead! As you guys know, I like to shred my own cheese most of the time. But, for this recipe it really doesn’t matter! I actually used a bagged pre-shredded “fiesta style” shredded cheese and it’s delicious! This dish honestly reminds me a lot of our One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole! I know so many of you make that and rave about it. If you love that one, these peppers are definitely for you!
Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Recipe Notes:
- For the enchilada sauce, you will want one 10 ounce can. You can use your favorite brand, it does not matter! You can also switch it up and use either red or green sauce, depending on what you like best.
- You will need 6 bell peppers total for this recipe. Medium/large is good, just don’t get super small peppers. If you have some of the beef mixture leftover, that’s fine! You can save it in the refrigerator for later, and make a quesadilla with it. Or, just make an extra stuffed pepper instead.
- You will want a 6 quart or larger slow cooker for this recipe. The peppers need to cook for about 2 hours on high, or 4 on low. You will know when they’re done by testing them with a fork. The peppers should be soft, but not mushy!
- To store the leftovers, just place the cooked peppers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure your container is nice and air tight. I actually like to store them in a zip-top bag so they can stand up! These are honestly ok to eat cold, or just microwave for about a minute to warm them.
Crockpot Stuffed Peppers
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup White Rice
- 1- Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 10 Ounce Can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 3 teaspoons Dried Minced Onion
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 15.25 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ Cup Shredded Fiesta Cheese Blend Divided
- Optional toppings: Sour Cream, Lime, Cilantro
- Cut the tops off of all peppers, about 1 inch.
- Prepare rice according to the directions. While rice is cooking, brown beef in skillet. Drain beef once cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rice, browned beef, enchilada sauce, spices, corn, black beans and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon meat mixture into each pepper. Pressing down as you go so each pepper is stuffed.
- Place peppers into slow cooker then top with cheese.
- Set slow cooker to high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Serve immediately with your choice of toppings.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.