Rocky Road Fluff Salad is a rich and decadent dessert salad that tastes just like a mixture of chocolate cheesecake and rocky road ice cream! This thick and creamy fluff is the perfect summer dessert!
This post was first shared over at I Wash You Dry, where I am a contributor.
Now that the weather is getting warmer, it’s time for an amazing no-bake treat that you can whip up in no time at all!
This fluffy rocky road salad is always a winner around the holiday season. I’d say that’s partly due to the fact that it only requires five minutes of your time to make. Simple desserts like this are sometimes the most spectacular!
One thing that I love most about this cheesecake salad is that it tastes very similar to a chocolate cheesecake or brownie batter. Except it’s much thicker and creamy, and of course no raw eggs to worry about.
My love of things “Rocky Road” takes me back to when I was a kid. It was my dad’s favorite flavor of ice cream, and I still remember sitting on his lap sharing a bowl!
This salad came about because I wanted to re-create all of that amazing rocky road flavor. But, I wanted something that was great for the fall and winter months. Not cold, like ice cream. Something really comforting with a deep chocolate flavor!
How To Make Rocky Road Fluff Salad:
- This fluff can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before serving. The longer it chills, it will become more “firm” so if you plan to make ahead and serve it later, allow the salad to come to room temperature for about 20 minutes first.
- If you’re serving this later, I recommend stirring the chocolate chips and pecans right into the mixture. The marshmallows should be left off until right before serving.
- Because this salad is very thick, make sure you mix it in a nice deep bowl on low speed, so that things don’t get messy.
- Rocky Road Fluff Salad is great eaten with fruit, graham crackers, or just a spoon!
Rocky Road Fluff Salad
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 8 Ounce Container Cool Whip
- 1 3.9 Ounce Box Chocolate Pudding
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl using hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the pudding, milk, and vanilla extract until everything is incorporated. Fold in the Cool Whip (I use the mixer for this step). Fold in the mini marshmallows (if serving immediately), chocolate chips and pecans, reserving a little bit of each for topping.
- Place the cheesecake mixture into a bowl. At this point you may cover the salad and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- If you're serving immediately, top the cheesecake salad with the reserved marshmallows, chocolate chips, and pecans as desired. Enjoy!