Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with ginger snap crust, creamy pumpkin cheesecake filling, topped with pecan streusel! These decadent bars are the perfect way to kick off pumpkin season.
Pumpkin lovers, you may now rejoice.
Pumpkin haters, um...well, sorry.
When I came up with this idea last week I was thinking this is going to go one of two ways. People are either going to be ecstatic because they've been waiting for a pumpkin treat all year. Or, everyone is going to just pretty much hate me for already whipping out the pumpkin in the second week of September.
If you are a scroogey pumpkin hatin' person, I'd like to say that I still think these are the best pumpkin bars I've ever put in my mouth. Period.
Give them a whirl. Let me "woo" you with my pumpkin cheesecake.
Pumpkin bar confessional: I like pumpkin. But, I don't love pumpkin. I'm absolutely not on that whole pumpkin spice wagon. I think it's interesting how we all have different taste buds. It's just not my thing. If there is pumpkin pie at a gathering, I will eat it. Unless, there is cherry or apple pie....in which case sorry pumpkin, you lose.
So, obviously in creating a pumpkin recipe here I needed something different. Something interesting. Something that this lady would not just "like" but get really excited about eating if it was served over the holidays this year.
Well, let me tell you what. This aint no bland old pie y'all! Sorry about that. It's got all kinds of flavors and textures! From that gingersnap brown sugar crust, to silky smooth cheesecake filling, and that crunchy pecan streusel on top.
Did I also mention they're easy to make?
I'm talking only two bowls before you can eat your pumpkin loving heart out!
Enjoy! Printable recipe for you below.
Don't forget to PIN IT and keep it handy for later!
- 2 ½ Cups ginger snap crumbs
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 5 TBSP butter melted
- ½ Cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- ½ Cup pecans chopped
- ½ Cup flour
- ½ Cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ Cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ Cup granulated sugar
- ¼ Tsp . cinnamon
- ½ Stick butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper (leave an overhang on two sides of the pan for easy removal) and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the ginger snap crumbs, brown sugar, and butter in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Press mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- With a hand mixer, combine the pie filling, cream cheese, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- In a medium bowl (use the same one that you used for your crust for easier clean up) mix together the pecans, flour, oats, both sugars, and the cinnamon until combined.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Scatter the topping evenly over the cheesecake layer without mixing.
- Bake bars in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.