These Peanut Butter M&M Cookies bake up thick and soft! Homemade M&M cookies packed with peanut butter flavor are super easy to make from scratch. Incredible texture with M&M's in every single bite make these the best peanut butter M&M cookies ever.
Oh, you guys. All that should be on my mind right now is telling you about these glorious peanut butter M&M cookies. But....we're heading to Vegas this weekend and that is literally all I can think about!
I haven't been to Las Vegas before, so maybe that's why? Either way, I always get a little "crazy" before we go on a trip anywhere. I work myself up because I am beyond excited, but I also want to make sure my house is tidy before we leave. Who wants to come home to a mess?
I also worry about forgetting to pack something.....which, really, is completely ridiculous. I mean, I'm certain that there are a heap of drugstores in Vegas if I happen to forget my little hot pink travel sized toothbrush.
Trust me, I won't be calm until we get on the plane. And even that might be a stretch! I may not fully relax until our plane lands and vacation begins. Oh well, that's why they serve wine on the airplane, right?!
Anyway, on to the cookies at last! Before I was obsessed with our upcoming trip. I was head over heels with these SUPER THICK and soft M&M cookies.
Basically, I impulse bought a ginormous bag of M&M's when I was having a chocolate craving. Well, the craving passed and the candies were just hanging around begging to be baked into something delicious.
For these cookies, I took the dough from my super popular Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies and just plopped some M&M's in there. This peanut butter cookie dough is super easy to make, and it doesn't require any chilling at all!
Since these don't require any chill time before baking they are truly the perfect cookie to make when you have a sudden craving. Or, if you have impromptu guests coming over, or a school bake sale. You get the point! They are fast. No fussy ingredients, no crazy directions.
These cookies don't spread out a whole lot. Which is a good thing! I very lightly press the dough down just slightly. But don't push them down so far that the dough is flat before they go into the oven.
Always remember when baking that the time listed in the recipe card is a guideline. Oven temperatures can vary. Pop open the oven to check these cookies at 8 minutes, and if they aren't quite done then give them the full 10 minutes cooking time.
These cookies will be slightly golden around the edges when they are ready to come out of the oven. It is also best to remove them from the cookie sheet immediately to cool so that they don't become overdone on the bottom.
Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl
- In bowl of stand mixer, or large bowl with hand mixer, beat together the butter and peanut butter until fluffy
- Add egg to butter and peanut butter and beat until incorporated
- Beat in sugars and vanilla until combined
- With mixer running, add dry mixture to wet mixture in thirds until everything is fully incorporated
- Stir the M&M's into the dough
- Drop dough by heaping Tablespoon fulls onto prepared baking sheet
- Press down on dough gently to flatten just slightly
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes