One Pan Turkey Casserole is a mouthwatering family favorite way to use up leftover turkey! This creamy and cheesy turkey casserole with pasta is so easy to make in one pan!
This version of turkey casserole is our absolute favorite! Turkey casseroles are a general staple around the holiday season. We always seem to be bursting with extra turkey and looking for a creative new way to use it up. I love this casserole in particular because it's made in one pot and it doesn't involve using canned soups or heating up my oven!
If you've tried my super popular Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Rice you know just how much I LOVE one pan recipes. That one is great using pre-cooked, shredded turkey too! If you are interested in making this dish but you don't have leftover turkey, you can simply use turkey breast and follow my recipe for Crockpot Shredded Chicken, it works great!
How to Make One Pot Turkey Casserole:
- Start by heating your olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook your onion and garlic until soft. This will take about 3-5 minutes.
- Next, you can add your cooked and shredded turkey along with your broth, milk, macaroni, frozen vegetables to the skillet and give it a good stir.
- You will want to make sure that this mixture comes to a boil, then, reduce the heat to medium-low. It should be at a low boil (simmer) the whole time it cooks.
- Once your pasta is cooked through you can stir in your sour cream and cheese. Serve this immediately while it's warm.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container and use within 5 days.
One Pan Turkey Casserole
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Uncooked Macaroni
- 1 Cup Frozen Mixed vegetables
- 2-3 Cups Leftover Shredded Turkey
- ⅓ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion, garlic, and mushrooms for 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, macaroni, vegetables, and turkey to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 12-15 minutes until macaroni is cooked through.
- Stir in the sour cream and cheese and serve immediately.