Jalapeno Cheese Bread is an easy, no-knead bread recipe. The perfect bread for dipping into sauces, soups, or enjoying on its own as a tasty appetizer or side dish.
Jalapeno Cheese Bread
It seems that making your own bread has become trendy! Luckily, bread making is truly my "department" and one of my favorite things to do! I love baking with yeast, as those of you who have made my Easy Pizza Dough know. I also love making a quick bread like our cheesy Dill Bread. This is a combo of my favorite things! This is a quick and easy no knead bread recipe, that requires just FIVE MINUTES of hands-on prep time. Five minutes. That’s it. Seriously.
I know homemade bread has a reputation for being difficult and time-consuming to make but this easy homemade cheese bread comes together quicker than a dinner salad. (And, ahem, makes a mighty fine replacement for one too…). Of course, 5 minute no knead bread means 5 minutes of hands-on time...this bread does still require a minimum of 12 hours to rise and chill. I often prepare this in the afternoon and then bake the following morning. Mix the handful of ingredients together, set it in the fridge, and forget it until the following day.
While this bread does obviously have the jalapeno flavor, I’ve found that it’s more flavorful than spicy and even those who are anti-spicy enjoy the bread. My kids will even eat a piece or two, albeit usually dipped in some sort of sauce first!
Serving Ideas for Jalapeno Cheese Bread
Soups, Chili & Chowders. This cheesy bread is the answer to all of your soup-dipping needs. I think it goes particularly well with creamy soups, like Tomato Soup, or Corn Chowder. Dips. Who needs chips or plain bread when you can have spicy cheese bread? Serve pieces of this up with all of your favorite game day dips and salsas. It also pairs very well with marinara sauce, especially when served warm! We personally love it with this Dill Dip! Sandwiches. The possibilities are endless here but I love a good ‘ol turkey and cheddar sandwich on this bread. I bet you could make a divine grilled cheese too! On its own as a delicious, cheesy snack. This jalapeno cheese bread is so flavorful and cheesy that it doesn’t necessarily even need any accompaniments.
Tips & Tricks
- If you don’t have a Dutch oven, you can also use an OVEN-SAFE pot or pan with a tight-fitting lid. Be sure that the pan can be safely heated to the appropriate temperature.
- Do not skip the step of preheating the Dutch oven!
- The longer the bread rests before baking, the stronger the jalapeno flavor.
- To avoid super spicy bread, make sure to scoop out the seeds before chopping the jalapeno.
- If you want to increase the spice, I’ve found that the smaller I chop the jalapeno, the more spice throughout the entire bread. Additionally, the longer the bread rests, the more infused with flavor it becomes.
Jalapeno Cheese Bread
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoons Instant Dry Yeast
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Large Jalapeno Diced Small
- 1 ½ Cups Room Temperature Water
- In a large bowl add the flour, salt, yeast, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno. Stir to combine. Pour in the water and stir to combine until there are no dry patches and have a loose wet dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 12-18 hours (I do this the night before and bake in the morning)
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 450°F. Place a large dutch oven with the lid into the oven and heat for 30 minutes.
- While the dutch oven is heating, lay a large piece of parchment paper on the counter, dust it well with flour. Pour out the dough, sprinkle with more flour, and shape into a ball as best you can. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit on the counter until the dutch oven is ready.
- Take the plastic wrap off of the dough, carefully lift the parchment paper up with the dough on it and place into the hot dutch oven, BE CAREFUL. Put the lid on and bake for 30 minutes. Take the lid off and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until the outside is golden brown.
- Take it out of the dutch oven and let cool on a wire rack until ready to eat.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.