Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Soup is a simple homemade tomato soup that is easy to make right in your crockpot! The absolute best tomato soup recipe bursting with rich, creamy, tomato flavor!
If there is one thing that I can always count on everyone in my house getting excited about for dinner it’s soup! Especially tomato, it’s everyone’s favorite. We also happen to love this Easy Pumpkin Soup for fall, Instant Pot Potato Soup is a year-round favorite, and Chili Macaroni Soup is perfect when it’s really chilly outside!
Tomato soup is simply a soup that’s made primarily with tomatoes. It’s great served with a variety of sides and garnishes such as grilled cheese sandwiches, garlic croutons, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic bread.
I always use canned whole plum tomatoes for my tomato soup. If you are wondering why not use fresh instead, it’s because canned tomatoes are truly packed with flavor year round. Tomato season is short, and they just don’t taste the same in the winter. If you use fresh tomatoes you won’t get that nice rich tomato flavor you are looking for.
How to Make Tomato Soup:
This tomato soup is so easy to make in the slow cooker in just a few steps.
- You will add two large cans of whole, peeled, plum tomatoes to the slow cooker along with your tomato sauce.
- Add in your broth. You can use vegetable or chicken broth for this recipe.
- Next, add your diced onion, garlic, and seasonings.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and allow the soup to cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours for best flavor.
- Once you are ready to serve the soup, you will use an immersion blender to puree it to a smooth consistency.
- If you do not have an immersion blender, you can puree the soup in batches in a regular blender.
- Next, stir the cream into the soup. The cream in this recipe is optional if you’d like to keep the soup lighter.
Serve with your favorite toppings, and enjoy! Be sure to give us a follow on Facebook for the best recipe videos every day!
Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Soup
- Add all of the ingredients except for the heavy cream to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender. Or, puree the soup in 3-4 batches in a regular blender and return to the slow cooker.
- Stir the heavy cream into the soup if using.
- Serve immediately.