Instant Pot Taco Chicken Soup – My family’s favorite Instant Pot soup that is packed full of mouthwatering taco flavor! A savory broth filled with chicken, beans, corn, and salsa. Ready in 30 minutes!
Well, you guys are officially getting a double whammy of Instant Pot this week. I just posted my Instant Pot Mac and Cheese on Monday, and here we are again, but with a quick and comforting soup!
We had a crazy snowstorm move through this week and soup was necessary. This chicken soup is so amazing, and you can really customize it with extra hot sauce, taco seasoning, or even a little cayenne if you like it really spicy.
Probably my favorite thing about this soup is that it’s so quick. I keep mentioning in every IP post that I put up that I have become obsessed, it’s true! I love that pot so much. I love that I can cook everything all at once so fast, and this totally tastes like it simmered for hours.
If you haven’t yet, definitely check out my Instant Pot Spaghetti, it’s gotten rave reviews! Not too shabby considering that was my first IP recipe, right? These Instant Pot Country Style Ribs and my Instant Pot Beef Stew have also been reader favorites!
How to Make Instant Pot Taco Chicken Soup:
- While this soup is amazingly easy to make, there is one tip in particular that I think is super important. You will first saute your onions and garlic. Once they are soft, you want to deglaze the bottom of the pot with a bit of your chicken stock.
- Whether you are cooking meat or soup, it’s especially important to deglaze your pot, so that you don’t get the “burn” notice while your food is cooking.
- To do this, simply pour a small amount of broth into the bottom of the pot. Use a wooden spoon to stir and “scrape up” any brown bits that are on the bottom of the pot. Then, you can add the rest of your broth and remaining ingredients and you are set to go!
Be sure to check out our video for this recipe below and follow along with us on Facebook where we always share delicious food!
Instant Pot Taco Chicken Soup - My family's favorite Instant Pot soup that is packed full of mouthwatering taco flavor! A savory broth filled with chicken, beans, corn, and salsa. Ready in 30 minutes!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Minced
- 1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Breasts
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Pinto Beans
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 15 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce, Optional
Turn the instant pot on saute and add the olive oil and onion. Saute the onion for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
Pour in the chicken broth, stirring with a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
Turn the instant pot off.
Add the chicken breasts, beans, corn, tomato sauce, salsa, and taco seasoning and stir well.
Place the lid on the instant pot and set the pressure valve to sealing.
Turn the instant pot to manual, high pressure, for 20 minutes. Quick release the pressure (NOTE: If liquid starts to come from the valve, seal, wait 5 minutes, and then release pressure.)
Use two forks to shred the chicken and stir the soup well. Serve immediately with chips, cheese, and sour cream.
NOTE: I do not include time for the pot to come to pressure in this recipe. For me, it only took a couple of minutes. It is not included due to the fact that this seems to vary based on which pot you have.