Instant Pot Corned Beef comes out juicy and fall apart tender every single time! This melt in your mouth corned beef comes together easily and is great with your favorite side dish or sandwiches!
Instant Pot Corned Beef:
Cooking up a delicious corned beef is one of my favorite things, any time of year! The instant pot is the way to go with this recipe, it makes it so easy! The meat truly falls right apart, it's perfect every single time. I love how searing it adds even more flavor and it comes out super moist cooking in the instant pot, and tons of flavor! You can definitely try cutting this into slices, but because it's so tender we often just shred it up! It's perfect served with classic Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Carrots. Or, try something different and use leftovers to make our Irish Nachos, such a favorite! Also of course perfect for a nice Reuben Sandwich, I could eat one every day! Another win, this recipe is really hands off as far as actual cooking goes! Aside from searing the meat, it's basically dump and go so it's easy enough for a weeknight meal too.
Instant Pot Corned Beef Recipe Ingredients and Tips:
- For this recipe you of course need a corned beef brisket and the spice packet that comes with it! Don't substitute it out for a different cut of meat. Corned beef is a cut of meat that is pre-soaked in a brine, that's what gives it unique flavor.
- Make sure you use beef broth if you can! After testing with all types of broth, we found that beef gave it the best flavor.
- We use yellow onion here, I like it because it's a sweeter onion. You can use red or white though if you prefer.
- Garlic! Always garlic, and you can add more than I do if you love things extra garlicky!
- We also use a bay leaf and fresh or dried is fine. Whole Peppercorns, and olive oil.
- The only equipment you need here is an instant pot, nothing else special! This recipe can be made as written in a 6 or 8 quart, and hasn't been tested in other sizes.
- I tend to not add cabbage with my corned beef, but you can! See the notes below in the recipe card for how to add this.
Instant Pot Corned Beef
- 3 Pounds Corned Beef Brisket Plus Included Spice Packet
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Whole Peppercorns
- 1 Yellow Onion peeled and quartered
- 2 Whole Garlic Cloves
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- Press Saute button on instant pot. Place olive oil in the bottom of the pot and allow it to heat for 2 minutes. Place corned beef in the bottom of the pan and sear until browned on all sides, about a minute and a half per side. Then turn the instant pot off.
- Sprinkle the included spice packet, whole peppercorns and bay leaf over the browned meat. Add in the onion and garlic and beef broth. Place lid on and seal. Press Manual button and adjust time to 90 minutes. Let cook.
- Once it is cooked, let the steam natural release for about 20 minutes. Remove lid and remove the corned beef. Slice or shred and serve immediately.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 5-6 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- You will need one pound of baby potatoes, and one head of cabbage cut into wedges.
- Once you remove the brisket from the pot, add the vegetables and cook on manual, high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure. Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables and serve with the beef.
This is our favorite corned beef recipe! I substitute one can/bottle of a good beer for some of the beef broth. When the meat is done, I remove it from the IP and place it on a baking sheet to go under the broiler, fat side up. Until nicely browned. So yummy!!!
Do you use the trivet for this recipe.
Very delicious cornbeef. So tender and a new fav👩🍳
Cathy Stephens says
All of her recipes are the BEST! Easy & delicious!
Thank you for sharing this recipe. Am planning to make this weekend for St. Patty's Day.
Can you please let me know if this is supposed to be cooked at low or high pressure or slow cooked?
That brisket looks so tender and tasty! Plus, the recipe looks easy enough to be done on a weekday!
Wow, I didn't know how you make corned beef - this is perfect comfort food for St Patrick's, thanks for a great recipe!
Perfect comfort food for this cold weather we've been having. The meat was tender and flavourful. Thank you!
Can't wait to try this recipe. Looks so easy and delicious!
Kathryn Donangelo says
My favorite St. Patty's day recipe! I can't wait to try this corned beef, it looks so tender!
Jenny F says
The recipe looks simple and delicious. However, I’m wanting to make it here in Scotland but we don’t get any kind of spice mix with any brisket we buy. Could you please tell me what spices are included in the pack? Thank you.