Easy Chicken and Broccoli is made in one pan and ready to eat in 20 minutes or less! You will love the mouthwatering sauce full of sesame, garlic, and honey!
Chicken and Broccoli:
This Chinese style chicken with broccoli has become a new lunch and dinner obsession at my house! I always have the ingredients to make the sauce on hand, and of course, we’re always looking for fun new ways to use up chicken. This is great for a quick weeknight one-pan dinner, or it can be made ahead for meal prep for the week. It is great by itself with white, brown, or even cauliflower rice! If you love pasta, this stir fry style dish is also great with a side of Easy Lo Mein noodles!
How To Make Chicken and Broccoli:
- To start, you will need 1.5 pounds of chicken breasts, then you will cut them up into half inch cubes.
- Take a couple heads of broccoli and chop into florets, discarding any big stems. You will need 2 cups of broccoli in total.
- You will heat some sesame oil along with olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sear the chicken for about 5 minutes. Then, add the broccoli and cook for about 3 more minutes until the broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender.
- While your chicken and broccoli are cooking, you will whisk together all of your sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture and simmer over low heat for just about 3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Is Chinese Chicken and Broccoli Healthy?
While I am not a nutritionist, this dish is considered healthy to my family and I. It is full of lean chicken, and vibrant healthy broccoli. The sauce contains honey, however, it isn’t much per serving. This dish is a great low-calorie option in general. In my opinion it makes a really nice light lunch too that won’t leave you feeling weighed down!
Honey Sesame Chicken and Broccoli
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil and HALF of the sesame oil.
- Add the chicken cubes and salt and pepper to taste. Sear the chicken, stirring and moving around for 5 minutes until chicken is light golden in color.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes until the broccoli is bright green.
- While the broccoli is cooking, whisk together the remaining sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, sriracha, water, and corn starch in a small bowl.
- Reduce the stove heat to medium-low and pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli. Simmer for 3 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately with rice, or cauliflower rice.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.