Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli is a flavor packed, easy, 30 minute stir fry recipe! Packed full of tender shrimp and fresh broccoli with an amazing garlic and ginger sauce!
Shrimp and Broccoli:
Another favorite quick and easy weeknight dinner! I love this stir fry so much, it's fast and the sauce is so tangy and delicious. This one was kind of a mash up of our Chicken Stir Fry and Garlic Pork Stir Fry recipes. Another great meal for when you are craving takeout but would rather make it yourself. I call for 30 minutes for this recipe, but really it's probably more like 20 minutes. It's so fast, with a much fresher taste than takeout. The sauce is only a few pantry staple ingredients too! If you're wondering what to serve with this one, we usually just end up doing white or brown rice! You can definitely do something like Lo Mein noodles too, or even a side of roasted veggies or cauliflower rice if you prefer! Because this is a takeout/fakeout I still feel like it's a nice comfort food dish for this time of year. But, it's also light enough to enjoy during the summer or to meal prep for a really fresh lunch!
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- I prefer fresh broccoli florets in this recipe, but frozen will work ok too! If you want to use frozen, just thaw them for a couple of minutes first, or cook for a couple of extra minutes.
- Don't use pre-cooked shrimp, it needs to be raw or it will overcook. Make sure to only cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side without flipping until the first side is done. This gives the shrimp a nice little sear and some extra flavor!
- Make sure to use fresh citrus juice (not the bottled/fridge stuff) for best results! We use lime juice and I love the flavor but you can use orange or lemon as well!
- This shrimp and broccoli makes a really great freezer meal! If you're planning to make and freeze, you don't need to do any cooking beforehand. Just whisk your sauce, shrimp, and broccoli together! Now you can freeze it for up to one month. To cook from frozen, just heat up your oil in a large skillet and stir fry everything for about 6-8 minutes.
Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 12-oz Bag of Large Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 4-5 Cups Broccoli Florets about 12 ounces
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Minced Ginger
- ½ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce plus more as needed
- ½ Lime juiced
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- Add one tablespoon of vegetable oil to a large skillet over medium heat and add the shrimp in even layer to the pan.
- Let them fry, untouched for 2 minutes, then flip then over and let them cook again for another 2 minutes.
- Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan then add the broccoli and 2 cups of water to the pan.
- Cover and let it simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes then drain out the water and set the broccoli aside.
- Add the pan back to the stove over low-medium heat and add the remaining olive oil, garlic and ginger and cook for about 2 minutes, or until they become fragrant.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, lime juice, honey, cornstarch and rice wine vinegar and stir to combine.
- Add it to the pan and stir the entire time as the sauce thickens for about 2 minutes. Add a bit of soy sauce if it’s too thick for your liking.
- Add the shrimp and broccoli back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Let it simmer again for another 2-3 minutes, or until the broccoli reaches your desired doneness and the sauce thickens to your liking.
- Serve over rice or noodles with freshly chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator up to 4 days.